Monday, May 16, 2005

Off to a Bad Start

I obviously have to start paying more attention. First off I made two right-hand mittens for the Dulaan Project. Luckily I had enough yarn to make two left-hand mittens. Once I had them sewn together (they were two-needle mittens) I noticed that one had the thumb shaping done wrong. Too late now. It's not that big of a problem, I'm not ripping it out. Then last night I started another buttonhole bag. I got the top shaping done and only had the handle left to make. When I went to bed I realized that the colors I was using were meant for a larger bag. So this morning I had to rip the shaping out that I had done, which wasn't too bad, and will most likely finish it off tonight. I had bought enough wool about a month ago to make one small bag and two larger bags. Of course I didn't write down what color combo I had in mind for each bag at the time. The small bag was supposed to be navy and light blue, one larger bag light green and light blue (like my small bag), and the other larger bag navy, pink, and light blue. Then when I got to work this morning I went to put something in my pocket and realized I had my pants on backwards! (pull-ons)

Will have to be more careful with the knitting stuff in the future. I have a lot of things that need to be finished and lots more on the list to do. Don't have time for stupid, careless mistakes.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home