Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Felted Mittens

I ditched the children's thrummed mittens for a third time. I am going to try the Yarn Forward four needle thrummed mittens pattern with smaller needles and see what I get. That pattern is for a ladies' mitten, but with the smaller needles it may do for what I need. We'll see. I am trying a pair of these right now: http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1397 These ones I am also trying in the children's size. If these work well then I may just make a pair of these for Darren's raffle draw. I didn't specify thrummed mittens, just hand-knit children's wool mittens.

I won some Shetland Ragg or something similar on eBay for $0.99US. With shipping and exchange it was $11.40CAN. It doesn't have the labels, but the seller thought it was Patons or Red Heart. It's the grey/natural marl, and there is enough to make a sweater for Logan and maybe some leftover for a hat. I really like that yarn. Good buy anyways. We sell the Patons for $6.29/100g ball, I think.

One of the guys I work with is on vacation and is currently in Los Angeles, CA. He called me last night after he had just gotten out of a taping of The Price is Right. Neither he or his friend got called to, "Come on down!", but they had a blast. They were four rows behind Contestant's Row. The show will air on December 8. I'm sure we'll be able to see them. They are both wearing white t-shirts that say, "Pick me and I'll get neutered!". Today they had tickets to Ellen Degeneres, but it will be too late for him to call me tonight if they got in. They are having a blast, that's for sure. He's been sooooo excited to see TPIR, so I am really happy that he at least got in to watch and see Bob Barker in person.

Well, must go get ready for bed. Will post some pics when I've actually completed something. I've been bad this week for starting stuff and not wanting to finish it. That's why I try not to get too many things on the go at once.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home