Monday, December 05, 2005

First Snowfall???

Tomorrow the weather forecast is 5-10cm of snow. It was only 2-5cm earlier today, but the last I checked it was revised to double. If it does snow, it will be the first snowfall of the season here. We had a few flurries yesterday, but that was it. The snow is supposed to start in the morning. I will have to listen to the radio to see if school is on or gets cancelled. If it hasn't started by the time I get up then I doubt it will be cancelled.

I had a mostly productive knitting day today. I made Darren a pair of mittens, and right now I am in the process of finishing Logan's mittens, which I will have completed within the next hour or so. His are thumbless, so that goes faster. I made his hat on the weekend. His set is royal blue. I have dark green to make the same for Darren, so I will have enough left for thumbless mitts for Logan, too. I plan on keeping the small bits of leftovers and make a funky hat for The Dulaan Project. I do have a pic to post of Logan wearing his hat, but I haven't transferred the pics from my camera yet.

I also worked a bit today on some Christmas slippers, but I don't really like it. They are two-color slippers, and I always have a really awkward time handling more than one color yarn. I only have an inch or a bit better knit, so I really can't tell if it's how it's supposed to be or not. I kinda wish I had used circs instead of straight so I could check it against my foot better. I suppose I could switch to circs quite easily. Gotta try to punish it out. I have three pairs to make altogether!

The local Frenchy's had a Customer Appreciation 1/2 price sale today. I picked Logan and Darren each up a top and t-shirt for Travis. I got a pair of jogging pants, a Starter sweatshirt, and some really nice sweaters. One is a very soft pullover, beige with brown stripes across the chest. I got a cabled navy blue Mark & Spencer sweater, a really nice cabled lilac zip-up sweater that is 55% silk (the rest is wool & whatever - can't remember right now), and lastly a 96% wool, 4% "other" belted cardigan in a nice rusty red color. The only drawback of the latter two are the hand wash bit.

Well, must get to the last mitten.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home