Monday, April 03, 2006

April Socks Completed!


I have finished my April socks early for the Sock-A-Month KAL. Now I can concentrate on Sockapalooza socks. Here are some pics of my socks. Fortissima Socka, two skeins, very little leftovers, pattern I made myself. It's just your basic stocking stitch, top-down, heel flap sock. I want to tweak it a bit before I post it as a free pattern. I haven't worn them yet (except to take the picture), so I want to see how they feel.



Now I've got those other socks to finish first, then I have a size 4 child's sweater and an adult sweater for the store to finish, plus Logan's hooded jacket. I hope to get all this finished by the end of the month. I also bought three skeins of Bernat Sox yarn to make Darren some socks, and there will be enough leftovers to make Logan at least two pairs. I am also watching a bunch of sock yarn on eBay. There's one listing for four new summer colors of Confetti self-striping sock yarn (8 skeins), and the same seller has a clearance on a bunch of solid and tweed Confetti yarn (18 skeins). I'm still thinking on the larger bunch. There's also another seller with some Opal and Confetti socks yarns that looks interesting, too. One good thing with the larger bunch of sock yarn - there's some good colors that I could use to make Christmas gift socks. I worked it out if I bought it all (it's all listed Buy It Now) it would work out to be $4 Cdn/skein.

Sunshine is hovering to use the computer.

Happy knitting!

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oooh, love those socks. I always am so impressed when the pattern matches perfectly. ;)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

You are just as anal as I am. I notice that both socks match perfectly! And they look great!
Have a wonderful week.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I absolutely love those socks!!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Great job! I really want to try a nice self-patterning yarn like that.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Those socks are fantastic! I love the colors! Soooo nice!!! Your socks match up PERFECTLY too!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

how cute! love the socks! don't you just love when they match up?

i was reading your post about fires. it's gotten me all nostalgic about a recent (well, two years still feels recent) ex-bf who was fighting fires in the forestry service. it's almost fire season...made me wonder how he's doing...sorry. that was pointless.

but dang, you are all over the sock yarn, aren't you!? :) hehe...that feeling is all too familiar. happy knitting!

9:09 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your socks look wonderful! The stripes match so perfectly, too- fantastic job! And congratulations on finishing your socks for Sockapaloooza! Looking forward to seeing those. You always have such fantastic sock knits! Hope all is well with you... take care! :-)

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home