Thursday, June 29, 2006

Couple of FOs, Bye Bye Old Yeller

On Tuesday we will be saying goodbye to Old Yeller. The guy we hired to drive her is buying her. One less debt, and the past few months she's been costing a lot of money in repairs. She's a good truck, great fuel mileage. Too bad the long haul company wouldn't have let us use her - she was "too old" in their books (1999). We wouldn't have had to buy the Pete with the big loan payment. There's no profit on this deal, either. We just got enough to pay the loan, and actually we had to MVI her, and she needed quite a few things. I don't have the bill yet, but I'm sure it's up there.

Got two pairs of child size 6-8 socks finished for the store. We had two odd dye lot balls left of Patons Kroy in Winter Eclipse (above) and Paintbox (below).



Bought some new movies to watch.

Took the boys to the much neglected fitness trail on the outskirts of town. It isn't used very much, so it's becoming overgrown. It's not nearly as nice as when I was a teenager. They had the old train tracks removed years ago, and they had made it a trail for walking, biking, and skiing from Liverpool to Summerville. I thought it would be a good place to take the boys biking. That way I could bike, too, and not worry about one of them swerving into the road in front of a car, and it's quite flat and easier to bike. I decided to take a drive and see what it looks like now. I could barely find it, that's how much it's grown over! The sign is almost covered, and it's so overgrown that a person could barely walk it let alone bike it. Very disappointing. I don't know why the Region doesn't pay some summer students to cut it back.


Got some more good news today. The lawyers office called, and the insurance company has made an offer to settle with hubby for that accident last June. Been a long time coming, but it's quite a bit more than I tought they would. Even the paralegal said we got a lot more than she thought we would. It's almost 75% of what they asked for us, which is about 75% more than what I thought we'd get. Now it looks like I can get my chimney rebricked this September!

Not sure what I will knit next. I do still have to finish that other grey sock. You know, that one for Pa's Day. Yeah, that one. Still not done. The boss lady wants me to knit some dishcloths for the store, too. They sold the last one of mine yesterday. I may start a pair of socks for me, a baby set for the store, or that cabled cardigan for the Littlest Monkeyman. I have another sweater for him to finish, but it's quite big, so I'm not worried about that one til the fall. This one, however, may fit him now or even be too small. If it's too small I'll just take it to the store.

Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

Great news on the settlement!! And some great socks, too :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Great socks! And, good news too.
:)
Have a wondeful day with those boys of yours!!!!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Glad to hear about your good news! And your socks look great. Have a wonderful weekend with our nice weather!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Great socks! And good news about your settlement. All that hiking around looks like fun!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home