Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dulaan Days

I've been faithfully knitting Dulaan Project items for the past few days. I finished one smaller version of the Irish Hiking scarf for a child, and I am making another one right now. I have three hats and two scarves, plus I'll have at least one more scarf and maybe one or two more things completed before I mail them off to F.I.R.E. on Wednesday. My goal for next year is to make two items per month minimum. I'd also like to make three or four small sweaters as well. I will post some pictures of my stuff before I mail it. Be sure to check KnitDad's blog and see his pile of Dulaan stuff he is getting ready to mail!


Going to try to post some pictures today of some things I tried to post in the last few sessions. Blogger has been terrible lately for uploading pictures, and I see that I am not the only one who is having trouble! This is the hand-dyed sock merino I bought on eBay. It's a lot brighter than what it looked like in the listing, but I like it! I know hubby will make fun of it, but I still plan on making Hederas for me. I think this will look great with jeans! The oldest boy loves green, so needless to say he likes it! (He started knitting a dishcloth last night. He dropped a couple of stitches, but I fixed it up for him. Took a long time to do two rows! I took some pictures, but I won't have them posted for a couple of days yet probably. Not transferred from the camera yet!)

Take a look at this ticket from last Thursday's draw. Notice the tag number.

I have a picture of what my tag was, but Blogger just decided that two uploads was enough for me. Anyways, my tag number was 158863, so I won $10 and was just one miserable number away from $100,000!!!!

Maybe I will have more pictures tomorrow.

Happy knitting!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it seems you have been so productive for the Dulaan Project - can't wait to seeing the pics of all that you've done!
I'm totally amazed by the color of the yarn you got, such an amazingly beautiful green, and so cheerful! I can imagine it so well with jeans - perfect! I'm sure your Hederas will turn out just gorgeous with this yarn - I found that they might look best with single-colored yarn!
Poor you for missing the huge win - hey, next time, right?! :)

3:57 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

That yarn sure is bright! It is very cheerful looking and will look good with jeans! Congrats on winning the $10, too bad it wasn't $100,000...that's a lot of yarn!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

I love the green sock yarn! And your luck is alot better than mine, I wouldn't even have gotten the $10.00, and if you buy sock yarn with it, I'd love to see it!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home