Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Stash Stuff

Can you believe I finally have a post with no FO? Well, not a fully completed FO anyways.

To start, I got this Briggs & Little Tuffy in red mix a couple of weeks ago to make Hermione cable and bobble hat and mittens for me. I've never used Tuffy before. It's 80% wool, 20% nylon. I really liked this color the best. It's brighter in person. (The drawbacks of trying to get good pictures inside in the winter.) Hopefully I'll get better in progress pictures and finished pictures.


Next is some blurry, ever popular on this blog Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds in charcoal tweeds. All of us have a basic tweed hat except Daddy, so I was informed the other day that he needs one, and it has to be black to match the big truck. It doesn't come in black, so charcoal it is.


I got this a bit ago, discontinued Emu Superwash wool. This will become Newfoundland mittens (or honeycomb mittens) for the boys. I see one getting navy with lighter blue honeycombs and the other lighter blue with navy honeycombs.


Does this look familiar, Dipsy?


New Year's Day Socks by Dipsy. I'm using Cherry Tree Hill in purple potlucks, I think. So far one down, one to go. It's a great pattern, I don't have to look at the ten row repeat any more. I've followed her pattern to the T except for the toe. I extremely rarely ever follow the toe of any pattern. I stick to my usual toe. I almost followed hers, but the sock was getting a little long (wanted to end on row 10 of the repeat, the final row), and I wasn't sure if her toe was longer than my standard, so I stuck with the standard. I'm using 2.75mm needles, but when I do this again (for I will do it again!) I will try 2.25mm or 2.5mm. They're a little loose (didn't swatch, I hate it), but I don't mind loose-ish socks at all. I was thinking of making these for MIL for Mother's Day in May, and I'd do hers a little more snug, I think. The yarn is dark, too, flash washed it out. I'll have to try to take the final pictures during the day in natural light maybe. Too cold to take them outside, which is my preference!

Lastly I'll leave you with a picture I took the other day that Blogger wouldn't upload. I went down in the basement the other day, and there was Nala, curled up in the box I had to use to mail my Mitt Kit Swap Pal's loot! Our basement is a little chilly (gorgeous in the summer!), but she spends most of her time down there. All the places upstairs she could lay, including a nice, warm waterbed...

The kids ended up getting yesterday off school, too. Two days in a row!


Sign ups for Sock-A-Month 3 are open! Check it out!

Happy knitting!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your New Year's Day socks are so pretty!

10:04 PM  
Blogger A Crafty Mom said...

I love the socks, you're quite the fast knitter. It took me a few months to finish a baby blanket for my SIL!! Now I'm knitting a scarf, that'll take me at least two weeks! I'm so pathetic. Your kiddies are so cute - the birthday must have been fun :-)

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stash enhancements!! I've never used Tuffy, but it sounds like a good heavy duty yarn with that nylon in the mix - I'll be interested to see what you think of it. The New Year's socks are beautiful - what a pretty design!
I just signed up for SAM3 - I like the idea of the special blog as opposed to the flickr thing.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those socks! And...all of that yarn! I can't wait to see the hat and mittens set. I will have to go over and sign up for sock-a-month 3!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love all your yarn.

Great socks!!!!

I love your kitty cat....now wouldn't your pal have been surprised to recieve him LOL

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Your socks are looking fantastic - the gorgeous yarn that you're using makes the pattern really "jump out", so to say! And, great to hear that you didn't have any problems with the pattern, meaning that I didn't get any mistakes into it with writing it up ;)
And I *so* love the yarn you got, yummy!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home