Friday, June 29, 2007

Grading Day

The Oldest One graded today and is officially a Grade Two student on September 5. So today I got the boys a pool. We haven't had one for a couple of years. It's nothing fancy, but it's good enough for us. There are seats in each corner. It's a little lopsided, so one side is deeper than the other, but I wanted it where the grass was already dead from the camper.

One of the perks of being in the local fire department is getting one of these to fill your pool.


This is one of hubby's best friends who I had to suck into doing this since T isn't home yet (tomorrow).

The kids played in it even though it was cooling off after supper. They can play in the water at the beach, though, so I'm convinced they must not have any feeling.


I picked up a bit of yarn today at the store. The Patons Carmen in camel is for a scarf for MIL for Christmas. This stuff is soooooo soft! I made myself a scarf with it, but you have to be careful not to lose/gain stitches. It's kinda quirky to work with. The ball of Austerman Step is for my Sockapalooza Pal's socks. Yes, I'm bad. I said ages ago I wanted to start by the end of the first week of June. I plan on taking this to the campground this weekend and finally start her socks! (So that will be my entry to Heddy's contest. Don't forget to check it out, plus she keeps finding more to link besides her own contest!)

Here's the snail that the Oldest One found at the campground last weekend. He looks different from the others we have, and he's much more outgoing. He crawled all around their container top last night, plus he had a little jaunt on the side of the monitor. He doesn't mind being picked up too much and will crawl on your hand as well. The others mostly hide back in their shells if they're moved.

Well, off to check on the hoodlums. The neighbor's kid came over. They're in the bedroom with the door shut, that usually isn't a good sign. They're probably torturing a cat or blowing the bedroom up.

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heddy said...

the pool looks refeshing! Hopefully, the weather stays warm, so they can enjoy it!

Thanks for posting a link to my contest and the other ones on the net that I found -- didn't find anymore yet tonight, but ya never know!

I may be in tomorrow to poke around ... and may be bringing a friend (she wants a Booga Bag in the SWS, so I told her I would make her one, and for her to tell me what colour she wants so I can get the yarn for it).

11:01 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

The pool looks like a lot of fun! I really like the Step yarn, it is so soft!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Congrats to the new grade 2 boy!
The new yarn looks nice and soft. I hope you post a pic when it is finished.
Good luck with the socks over the holiday weekend!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Hahahah...I love having boys. Congrats! I too have one going to second grade (oldest boy). :)
Oooo...Austerman. Soooo nice!
And..to answer your question on the sandwhich cutter...I got it at the commissary (military grocery store). I haven't seen them anywhere else...or for that matter...at the commissary since we got ours. I will be on the lookout for them though. Have a wonderful weekend with the pool and the snails.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cool pool - it looks so refreshing, and these pillows at the sides must be totally comfortable! Perfect, I'd say, and such a lot of fun for the kiddos!
Oh, and congrats to the new grade 2 boy, that's fantastic! All the best to him!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home