Monday, June 25, 2007


We did get camping Friday. It was a crazy day. Started off sunny, then the black clouds rolled in, and there was major thunder and lightning, and it rained like a monsoon, complete with hail. Then it cleared off. Then it started again, not as heavy rain as earlier and no hail. By the time we got to the campground it wasn't really raining, but it still had lots of thunder and lightning.

When we first got to the camper I moved their wooden toy box that was on the deck. There was a salamander under it, so of course, the Oldest One nabbed it and put it in an ice cream container. I told him he couldn't keep it and would have to let it go in the morning. After the boys were asleep I checked on it, and it was curled up in some leaves for the night. I almost let it go, but I figured there'd be hell to pay in the morning if I did, so I didn't. Of course, in the morning I hear, "Did you let the salamander go last night? It's not in the container." Never did find it. I figure he went down inside one of the furnace grates. We did run the furnace a bit in the night try to keep the moisture off the windows, so the poor thing probably got fried. On the up side, the Oldest One also found a new snail, quite different looking from the other six (who also had to go camping). I'll have to get a picture of this one. He's a bit bigger, has a kinda pointy shell, and he's white. He's more outgoing than the others and doesn't hide in his shell if he gets picked up.

I didn't get much knitting done. I didn't figure I would, I usually don't. I did get to the start of the heel on Dad's sock. Last night I managed to complete the heel and turn it, pick up the gusset stitches, that's about it. I still have my cold, and the right side of my face hurts, especially my teeth. I haven't been getting much sleep cuz it hurts that bad. I've been taking regular pain stuff, and that eases it very little. I've popped three of hubby's pills he takes for a gout flare up today, and it's almost gone. (I can take these -- I've already had the go-ahead from my doctor. I'm not like my grandfather was and go around taking whoever's pills I can get ahold of! He was terrible.) Today I worked on this for a bit:

This is a sweater I started for the store back in the fall. It's made with Briggs & Little Regal in natural, adult medium. I have the front done already. The back is probably halfway finished. I'd like to try and get it done for next weekend (July 8th weekend) as it's Privateer Days in town and the school reunion. We'll see. The weather is getting hot, and I can't work with any big wool things if it's too hot. While I knit in the shade the Littlest One had fun in the sprinkler while waiting for the Oldest One to get home from his last official day of grade one. He goes back Friday morning for a little over an hour to get his report card.

Well, I have a sink full of dishes waiting for me.

Happy knitting!


Blogger Charity said...

Camping sounds like a lot of fun! The sweater is coming along really nicely - I'm always so impressed by how fast you can knit! :0)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous pat said...

That's a beautiful sweater, but I know how difficult it is to have that much wool in your lap when it's this hot! Good Luck getting it done by the 8th!!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

The sweater is going to beautiful.

We were going to try camping again this year but when we pulled out our camper we discovered mice had got into it. The canvas all has to be replaced. $2000...holy crap!

So instead to the in laws. Thankfully they are on a camping with t.v and a dishwasher LOL

10:27 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Love the sweater! The color is great, and the pattern is awesome.

I would've left the salamander until the kids let it loose, too. My youngest one has been catching catapillars and keeping them in a jar until the end of the day, everyday. Poor things! lol.

Can't wait to go camping, myself. I miss it so bad.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Love the sweater! I hope you finish it but I do understand that whole knitting with wool thing.
I am trying to get my computer back to normal after computer guy was here and stripped it down and so I am starting from scratch!
Hope your cold is better soon.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home