Sunday, July 08, 2007

For some reason Blogger won't let me add a title to this post. For now I'll be title-less but will try later. First time that's ever happened.

The Oldest One got his grading present from Grampy today. Apparently it took him quite awhile to make up his mind on which one to get, but he decided on the dirtbike-style one here. Its got shocks and six gears, so he's all set. He'll have to get used to the hand brakes. I keep reminding him to use the hand that he writes with first, then the other one if needed or else he's gonna pitch-pole if he's going any speed.

So the Littlest One got his old bike with training wheels. He was just as happy as if it was brand new.


This is as much as I've gotten done so far on the Sockapalooza socks. It's Belle Maman in Austerman Step color #09. I'm trying to finish Dad's socks, and I'm on the foot of the second one now. I am hoping to finish it tonight, but it will depend on the weather. We're supposed to have our fireworks tonight, but it was raining earlier. It stopped, but the forecast is still rain into this evening. Unless it's actually raining they'll do it anyways. I've been there before when its been foggy, misty, etc, and they still do it. Sucks when they do that, though, cuz the dampness makes them go out very quickly.

I've mentioned to the boss lady about ordering more Austerman Step. We are really low on color selection now. I put a basket with five of them in it on the counter near Till One. So far we've sold at least five or six skeins of it from people coming in for other stuff, seeing it there, and impulse-buying it. (Hey -- whatever works! The more we sell the better chance I have of getting her to order more of it in.) It still may be awhile, but I hope not too long. I know of a couple of people who are kinda waiting for more colors to come in.

Yesterday was a long day with little knitting. I took the boys to the parade at 11, then we went right to the rides. We stayed til five and stopped at one of the food booths to get some supper. Didn't take long to rifle through the money! Two bracelets for rides were $36, then two cotton candy, candy apple for me, popcorn, four cans of pop, three jumbo hot dogs, and two large kettle popcorns chewed up almost $70! Glad that stuff comes to town only once a year. We stayed home in the evening, so after everyone was settling down for the night I got the gusset decreases done on Dad's sock and a bit on the foot while watching my four old British comdies. Hubby got stuck in Ontario for the weekend in 35C+ weather. He ended up renting a hotel room (attached to the truck stop) for $49/night times two. That was cheaper than running the truck all day and night for the air conditioner. He minds the heat really bad, and can you imagine being inside one of those things -- especially a black one? It would be like being inside of a tin can.

Must go scavenge something for supper. I vow to have a FO for next post! Hopefully that won't mean it takes me two weeks!

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Glad to hear you all had fun at the parade and rides etc. Despite the sucky weather, everything seemed to be booming in town.

I love the new sock you're knitting!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - the dirt style bike is just the beginning...before long it will have a motor on it!!! (I speak from experience)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

The sock is coming along nicely, the Step yarn is so nice, your pal will be thrilled! :0)

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah, this bike rocks big time! Ahhh, how great would it be to be young again these days and getting to use all those goodies kids are getting nowadays to play and have fun with! And I agree with Pat - the next thing he'll have will have a motor on it! ;)

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very cool bike! yay for grampy. The parade sounds like it was a lot of fun if expensive. But everything seems to be too expensive these days. Either I'm getting old and cheap, or things really are skyrocketing.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home