Friday, March 21, 2008

Scattered

My knitting has been very scattered lately, it seems. I have too many "active" things on the go. I usually won't work actively on more than two things at a time. Right now I have a pair of socks, my sweater, sweater for nephew, plus another sweater just like nephew's but was going to be waaayyy too big. (Yes, I started another one. This one looks much better size-wise.)

I finished one sock last night and grafted to toe this morning. I am having a helluva time trying to figure out where to start the second sock so it stripes the same. I think I finally found it. I hope so or I know I'll end up ripping it out. They have to be matchy-matchy. (Fabel sock yarn, btw.) I'll take this with me to the Oldest One's curling tomorrow morning and start it. Tonight's knitting is nephew's sweater.

Been slack at the knitting the past two days. School was cancelled yesterday due to freezing rain, so the kids got a five-day weekend. (Nice treat right after March break, eh?) I'm off for six days in a row, Thursday through Tuesday, go back Wednesday. I thought I'd get great things accomplished. But then Pogo releases a new game (Mahjong Safari), and I'm addicted. So a lot of time has been wasted at the computer. Some games I can knit and play, some I can't. My favorite games are mostly ones that I can't knit and play. Of course. But the kids demand computer time, and they like the new game, too, so it's starting to even out. Plus Most Haunted is on later, so I'll be glued to the television with knitting in hand.

This isn't a very good picture, granted, but this is the new Patons Stretch Sock that is coming out next month. It's not a link on their site yet. I preordered a bag of each color. It's a wool/cotton/nylon/elastic blend. I'm not sure of the price yet, but I'm hoping it will be along the same line as what the Kroy is now, $5.69-$6.39 at our store. Could be more, though, with the cotton in it. We have some Regia cotton sock yarn, and that ran a little more, $7.99. (20% off now, though, all of the Regia we have in-stock) I'm sure a couple of skeins will come home with me to try. (They're 50g balls.)

Anyhoo, it's getting late, and the kids haven't showered yet. Yes, my boys are pretty much night owls. Can't sleep in tomorrow, either, as curling starts at 8am. I got to catch a few minutes of the World Figure Skating Championships on tv tonight, but I couldn't spot Nova Knitter. Apparently she's across from the judges three rows up, but I'm half blind, and the cameras didn't go close enough for me to see her. I guess she's kind of a knitting celebrity now? LOL! At least she didn't get arrested at Heathrow with her bamboo needles.

Oh, yes. I saw this today (the socks!) and think I'll try it on my next pair of vanilla socks. I always do 60sts on 2.25mm needles, and they fit fine except I find them a little baggy above the ankles. This may help a lot. Worth a try.

Lots of knitting to get accomplished tomorrow night. My movie is on, and it's a long one. I watch it every Easter without fail. Has to be the original Ten Commandments, I didn't like the remake they did.

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

I'm the same-- give me an unencumbered block of time and NOTHING gets done :) I love the color of your in progress socks.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

I love Most Haunted. My husband hates it...he hates all of those ghost hunting shows, but I get a kick out of them. I usually end up watching them when he's on night shift and then scaring myself.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Heddy said...

OOOhhh -- I love the finished sock! I remember when you bought that yarn (Knitterpudlian excursion to Mahone Bay ... yes?) I have the same colourway, and now am itching to use it.

I have never knit with the stretchy sock yarn before (Mom found 6 skeins of a stretchy sock yarn at Frenchies for me once, but Iam a little scared to use it -- hopefully, the new yarn will come with instructions!) Looks like pretty colours ... looking forward to seeing / getting it.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Love the top sock.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

I haven't seen the Patons sock yarn before, it looks good. I have the same Fabel sock yarn waiting in my stash. I've received it as a gift from a friend from Germany. Kroy sock yarn used to be so cheap, not anymore though.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home