Sunday, April 20, 2008


It's been a beautiful weekend weather-wise. Unfortunately not so for the little 'uns and me. First off the Littlest One stayed at Nanny's all night Friday. He woke up at 4:30am, sick to his stomach. He complained all day yesterday that his belly hurt (tho he didn't get sick any more). He wasn't himself and didn't eat much. He fell asleep earlier than usual. At least he was back to his old self today, except for the runs. So tonight the Oldest One started complaining that he didn't feel good, and he fall asleep like 8 o'clock. That's how I know he's sick, cuz he's a night owl.

As for me, I was being highly productive yesterday. I loosened up the soil where I want to plant a small vegetable garden this year (for the first time). It's kinda in a weird spot, but the camper used to be beside our garage, so the grass under it went wonky. Now we don't bring the camper home (the new one is too hard to get in and out of the yard, so we leave it at the campground), but last year the boys had their pool in that spot. So basically there was not grass there anyways, all I had to do was even it up a bit. I'd ideally like to get some landscaping ties and tie it off. Anyways, I decided to clean the garage up some. It's usually hubby's job, but there was so much stuff flung around it was hard to manouver. The only thing I didn't do was tidy up the back bench. That's definitely his job. So I picked everything up and decided to sweep where I could reach. The 4-wheeler was out a ways, so I pushed it back against the bench to clean under it, then I hauled it back out a bit. I should have known better, I have a bad back, and doing stuff like that is a no-no. But I'm stubborn, and I wanted it done NOW. So this morning I had so much stuff to do. I had stripped my bed down, had towels and facecloths washed, had to vacuum/mop, had intended more yard work... I was changing the basement litter box, bent over to dump it out, and snap! My back went out. I yelled, couldn't move, had to call for the kids to come move the litter box and get me a chair so I could lower myself to the floor. The Littlest One runs out and calls my parents, but he gave me the phone, and I said I'd be okay eventually. I laid on the floor awhile, then crawled out to the kitchen on my hands and knees where I gradually was able to get up off the floor. My back hasn't gone out like that in a long time. Of course, hubby's on the road so I can't steal his gout flare-up pills. (My doctor already said I can take them when my back goes out. I don't make a habit of taking other people's prescriptions, not like my grandfather did.) So all day long I've been sitting in weird positions with a hot water bottle on my back. I can get around a little better now, but my back still really hurts. When it gets like this I usually need a tune-up from my chiropractor.

Spring seems to have sprung here for good, so it was time to change purses. I have this one made with Patons SWS for spring/summer, and I have a Noro Kureyon one for fall/winter.

I also started a pair of socks. These ones are Austerman Step and will be vanillas for the store. I'd ideally like to have a pair made of each kind of sock yarn there, that way people can see what they knit up like. So far I only have Kroy self-striping and Fortissima, I think. I also want to make a pair with the bamboo, of course the Kureyon Sock, and the other two Kertzer yarns. Bonus if they sell. (Still waiting for the new Patons Stretch Sock.)

All I have left to do on my pink sweater is weave in the ends and attach the ties. I really shouldn't be so lazy. Maybe I'll do that tonight. I also have to finish the little sweater for Heddy. I looked at it some and tinked back a couple of rows.

I combed Jewel out after our walk with Marti and Hank the other day. (Should be saving it and get someone to spin it, it's so soft.) I sat outside in the sun to do it, especially since it's such a mess. I turned around to comb her and gasped when I saw this.

The Evil Baby has been chewing on the corner of the house. Not good. Plus I have several holes and oodles of pieces of rawhide everywhere, now that the snow is gone.

But she just thinks, "I'm cute, gotta love me!"

Happy knitting!

PS MUST make one of these after seeing this and this. Too cute!


Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Sorry to hear about your back, hope you get better soon.

I wish I had enough land to plant my garden again. As it is, I only have a concrete patio that is about 10 feet square. But, I think I'm going to put up a couple of trellis and plant some moon flowers, so I don't have to look at my neighbors.

Your puppy is so cute. I just want to hug her.

Happy Monday!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

Oh no!
Hope all is better soon and that Jewel stops using the HOUSE as a chew toy.
Love the bag!!!!!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Sorry to hear about your back. That is totally the worst thing to have wrong with you. Everything depends on the back!
Hope you are able to come to KN tomorrow!
PS The bag is gorgeous!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Heddy said...

the "Natural Green" is my favorite combo of all the SWS yarns ... your bag turned out pretty! Sorry your back is out -- I hope you are back to rights soon.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I have one of those backs too. Knock on wood I haven't had too many issues lately but back pain is the worst I think. Hope it feels better soon!

I love hte bag. I just bought some wool to do a booga bag.

I love your pup....what a cutie! Natures way of making sure we don't ring their necks when they crew stuff is making them so cute LOL.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home