Monday, November 10, 2008

Maggie

Jewel has a new little sister. Her name is Maggie, and she's a golden retreiver mix of some sort, too. I got an e-mail about her the other day, the place that had hooked us up with Jewel knew I wanted another dog. Jewel is so hyper we thought another dog would help expend her energy. I didn't want a puppy, I'd hoped for one already housebroken. Of course, as soon as I saw this little face my plans went out the window. Her name is Maggie, and she's about three months old. We didn't know til we picked her up on Saturday that she came from the same place as Jewel -- Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador. She's got a white spot on her left eye, but apparently they said it's getting smaller. I hope it doesn't totally go away, it's cute.

She's got a lot of spunk --- she takes no crap off of Jewel. She plays quite rough with her, and Maggie lets her know when it's too much. I can easily see her being the alpha female when she's bigger. They played really well together last night, chasing each other and me around the house.

She's another one that wants whatever you're eating. She also seems to really like Briggs & Little wool.
Jewel is quite jealous of the rawhides. There were probably five of them, different kinds, but she had to have whatever one Maggie had. She's getting a bit better though. Maggie growls and snaps at her if she tries to steal it.

Being a baby still she sleeps a lot and likes it under chairs and end tables. I kennel her at night since she's not housetrained yet. I put her in the kennel when I go to work, too, cuz Jewel is too rough with her (and the not housetrained thing). I'm keeping her out of the back of the house where the carpets are for now.
My little Jubs Diddily is still getting loads of attention. The cats have totally ignored Maggie so far, and she ignores them.
I did get a little ruffle hat and socks made. The hat is size 12 months and is this free pattern. The socks are 6-12 months and are from the Bernat book Patty Cake, which I can never get to link. I started these on November 5, finished the 8th.
Got a new mannequin. T at work gave me a baby-sized one. Too bad it's headless! I'll get lots of use of this one. I do lots of baby stuff. My doll is good for 0-3 months stuff, then the rest is too big.

Happy knitting!

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Just too darn cute for words! Just a ball of golden fluff!

She'll keep Jewel busy and exercised!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one cute puppy! She is adorable. I bet Maggie will be just what Jewel needs to expend energy and to be the big sister!

By the way, my daughter is on a plane as I type headed for LA. She tapes Judge Judy on Wednesday. I will post when it will air as soon as I hear.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Maggie is adorable! :0)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

How adorable Maggie is! Good luck to you and your family with this little bundle of energy! :o)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

How cute is that?! They will keep you entertained for hours I'm sure!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Cute new puppy! What a sweetie.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

She's a sweetoe -- welcome, Maggie!!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Oh, you lucky woman! Beautiful dogs.
I didn't know there was such a thing as baby mannequins. Nifty.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Ahh she's adorable ! She looks like she's happy as can be and fits right in. Love the name too , Maggies are special ...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home