Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Happenings in Pictures

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. Here's the rundown in photos of the happenings at home as of late. Firstly I have everyone at work addicted to this stuff, a version of Bark or Christmas Crack, whichever.
Made a pot of soup with the turkey carcass and some leftover meat.

Can't take full credit for these. M at work was supposed to knit them for her SIL, but she was having trouble. I knit the first sole at work, she did the top of the slipper at home. Then she brought it to work where I proceeded to do the second sole, attach and finish it. Then I did the third sole for the second slipper. She took it home and knit most of the top. However, something was awry, there weren't enough stitches, so I had to rip out all she had done and reknit it. Finished that at work, knit the second sole, and for the first time in about 30 pairs, the sole went on funny. I ended up unattaching it, took it home, reattached it, and felted them...

... returning them to her on Christmas Eve day in their completed state. The Oldest One says my new ones should have the fizzy trim, so I have picked out some forest green yarn and fizzy forest green yarn for my pair. Never made a pair like that before.

Whipped up two Marsan Watchcaps with ten extra rows each after the cuff for a couple of gifts I needed. They are both Patons Canadiana, the first started December 19, finished the 21. The blue one was started December 21, finished the 24th. Details here and here.

Sorted out some of my yarn. Got a new queen-sized comforter for Christmas, so I used the bag to store all of my sock yarn. This is all stuff that will make a full pair of kids or adult socks.

Also got some flannel bedding. The bag on the left is leftover sock yarns, the bag on the right is baby and/or baby-type yarns.
Mags the Greedy, hoarding two rawhides.
When she got over it she ended up in this position. Notice the socks in the kennel? She is a major hoarder and had four socks in there laying on them.
Came out of the bedroom this morning to find death and dismemberment all over the hallway. I heard major squeaking through the night. Jewel cannot rest til the squeaky is dead. I was surprised this lasted as long as it did. Christmas morning within five minutes she had the stuffed hippo destroyed. One tennis ball is also gone and chewed into a thousand pieces. The stuffed football with squeaky didn't last Christmas morning...
... and the stuffed baseball with squeaky met its death this morning.

All that remains now is one tennis ball and the rubber and rope toys that were in their stockings.
Happy knitting!


Blogger Dorothy said...

When we had our border collie we got him an "indestructable" toy for Christmas ... lasted 13 hours. Took it back and got a new one ...10 hours!
Looks like the dogs are enjoying their holidays!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Oh thats what Abby does to dog toys! Gus is very gentle with his.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Should have called her Distructo! Too funny.

Love those slippers. Must make a pair for myself. I've had the pattern for ages but ever only knit one slipper and haven't got around to making the mate.

Looks like you had great holidays so far.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Oh my Christmas Crack....evil evil evil!!

Timber does the same thing to squeaky toys. I almost feel for the poor toys LOL

I love those slippers!

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dogs are so adorable.

I love the slippers. I, too, have had the pattern for ages and haven't made a pair. I think I have some yarn lurking in a closet that would be just right for a pair.

Have a great day!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home