Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nine Days

We got our tree on Saturday and decorated it Sunday. Hubs wanted led lights for it this year, so I picked up five packs on Saturday, but he wanted more. Sunday I grabbed three more.

I don't have a good picture of the tree finished. I'll try and get one to post next time. The bottom of the tree is kinda sparse. The dogs aren't really doing anything to it other than hitting it with their tails. Once in awhile an ornament falls, and they think it's a toy. I keep telling them it isn't a tree full of dog toys, but they don't seem to understand. I have several ornaments that I pained many moons ago, so they are up high enough that wagging tails and teeth can't reach them. I have a set of six Santas, all different, that I painted.


There's six or eight Rudolphs, can't remember. It may be six, two each of three different poses.

And there are eight penguins, two each of four designs. These hand-painted ornaments are all quite heavy and need to go up high on sturdy branches anyways.

Last year the Oldest One made the dog biscuit ornament in school. We didn't have a dog last Christmas, so I had to make sure this one is waaayyyy up high. The ball ornament next to it belonged to my grandmother. When I was a kid these were my favorite ornaments we had.

Got two of these angels that also have to be up high cuz the cats like the feathers.

I have other ornaments I've made, including apple pies, plastic canvas stars, painted wooden hearts, and several cross stitch ornaments. There are old ornaments, too, that belonged to my grandmother. Ma gave them to me last year, and I have to make sure they are kept safe, sentimental stuff and all.

I dropped my skein of cotton the other night, and little Mags found it.



She's such a hoarder. If it can't be found, check the kennel. The other day she had a slipper in there, socks, the Littlest One's underwear, and gloves. This morning I looked, and she's got just about every dog toy they have in there.

I hope everyone pretty much has everything ready for the big day. I have a few small things left to knit. Doesn't seem like Christmas is next week at all to me.

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

The snow is helping the Christmas spirit a little bit.
Our kids are coming home early because of the weather.
No tree here yet. Friday I think.
Merry Christmas

10:21 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Your ornaments are lovely! The Santas are so cute!

Your Mags is like our Gunni. Grabbing any yarn she can reach!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I bet your tree looks awesome. The ornaments are so cute!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home