Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mittens

I finished a couple of pairs of mittens. I had a request for pure wool mittens for a local lobster fisherman. This first pair is being modelled by Hubs. I used the pattern Basic Mens Mittens and Briggs & Little Heritage in medium grey and light grey. Can't really see the color difference in the pictures. The first pair was started January 13 and finished the 18th.


This second pair was started January 18 with the completion of one mitten. The second mitten was finished the next day. I don't know if they fit the man who requested them or not, he hasn't picked them up yet.


Pumba had to check them out.


Then Maggie had to check them out as well. Nosy animals.


I picked up some cheapy acrylic to make a pair of mittens for myself yesterday. I wanted to use a color where you could see the owls. I also need a pair of mittens that are a little cooler. I have felted wool mittens that are as warm as warm can be, but sometimes they're too warm on days that are a bit chilly for bare hands but not cold enough for wool mittens. Hope to start these soon. I'm working on a pair of wool trigger finger mittens for someone right now. I need to move on to something other than mittens, I think. (Poor Heddy would be nuts using all this blah grey with no fancy pattern!)

Off to Bridgewater soon for an ultrasound. (And NO, not for a baby!) Not looking forward to drinking all that water. I don't start as soon as they say or I'd never make it.

Happy knitting!

7 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

The owls are adorable! I'm on a mitten kick too, well... a thinking about mittens kick ;0

2:02 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Those owl mittens are cute! :o)

3:21 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Great mittens. I did a pair like that for a guy who wanted them for sailing!
The owl mitts are really cute!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is probably a silly question but how do you get songs onto your blog?

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warm wooly Briggs and Litte - lucky lobster fisherman!!
Love the owls!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

I love those owl mittens, I might try to make them, too! Your manly mitts are very nice!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the gray mittens. I need to try my hand at mittens, I haven't had a pair since I was way little.

Have a great weekend!

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home