Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

There were pumpkins...

Zombie Red Sox players...
Who got a little more Zombiefied before leaving the house...

And came back not so Zombiefied with lots of loot...
And Mama sat down and finished the toe of the second sock just in time for the SAM8 KAL. These were started way back on September 30, but I've been working on other stuff trying to get it done, so these got the back burner. (Till the other night when I realized I only had three days to knit the second sock in order to make the KAL.) I used 2.25mm needles and Invicta sock yarn. This is a dark charcoal with a silver fleck in it, very nice yarn. We've got more coming hopefully this week. This colorway sold out pretty fast, so I got some more and several other colors. These socks are hand knit Christmas gift #2, October socks for SAM8 KAL, and pair #13 for the 52PPiii. Ravelry details here.

Loads of stuff going on this past week that kept me from blogging, plus the fact that I didn't really have anything to show. The kids and I were sick last Sunday, the Littlest One got sent home from school sick on Tuesday. The Oldest One called from school Wednesday afternoon with a pain in his side I thought at first was his appendix. Hospital, xrays, blood tests, but all was good. Turns out it was a bowel complaint that luckily rectified itself after returning from the xray department without any aids, if you catch my meaning. (But the poor kid directly across from us had to have that aid, and boy, did he scream!) The next day I get home from town and see the Littlest One's school's number on the phone and a voicemail. I thought, no, not sick again. No, turns out a kid in his class had glass marbles, the big ones, and accidentally hit him in the mouth with one and chipped a tooth. And of course it couldn't be a baby tooth. He only has two permanent teeth so far, the bottom two front teeth, and it was one of those. So off to the dentist we go for xrays. Luckily it wasn't in the nerve or under the gum, so he goes on the 9th to get it fixed. It's going to be a bugger to keep fixed, I bet, and so does the dentist. I have a tiny chip in one of my front teeth I did when I was in grade five. I gave up on it -- bite into an apple or something along that line, and poof -- repair gone.

Happy knitting and Happy Halloween!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heddy said...

very scary punkins and creepy zombies! Looks like they got lots of yummy candy!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Love the costumes. Sorry we didn't make it by with little A.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Great pumpkins and pics of the boys! You really did have a jam packed week. Hope things settle down this coming week!
I hope this isn't an omen, but my verification word is STORK!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like a great Halloween. I chiped my front tooth in Grade 5 adn I've never bothered to get it fixed. Makes it relaly hurt when I bite people tho (but I've totally gorwn out of that.... I swear)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love the zombies...ouch to the tooth!

I look forward to seeing your bella mitts.

The movie was no where near as good as the books. If your a reader I recommend you reading the series. I can't say I loved the "acting" in the movie. Edward was easy on the eyes so that was helpful.

Vampire Diaries (a new series on the t.v. that is based on books that I have yet to read) is better imo then the Twilight movie. I think New Moon will be a good movie because of what happens and gets introduced.

And really nothing beats True Blood. Best.Damn.Show.Ever. And I began reading the books it was based on...addicted is all I am going to say.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home