Sunday, October 11, 2009

Emma's Blankie

made with Bernat Jr Jacquards in Big Deal Teal
ruffle border Bernat Softee Baby in white
blanket knit with 4mm needles except ruffle border with 3.5mm needles
started September 19
finished October 9
roughly 25.5" x 34.5"
Ravelry details here.

Love, love, love it! The border really makes the blanket, but I soooo wish there would have been a yarn that matched the teal or the limey green or even the pinkish color instead of having to use white. Too bad Bernat didn't make a yarn the same weight in contrasting solids for the Jacquard lines. Anyways, the ruffle takes for-ev-er, but it's well worth it. This is going to Hubs's cousin who just had a baby girl on September 30. Oh, and obviously I worked the blanket horizontally instead of diamonds like the original pattern.

Last Wednesday we did pot luck supper at Knit Nite cuz it was right around our 2 year anniversary. Everything was really great, and Heddy made her famous pavlova dessert. Poor thing will never get a chance to ever make anything but this for any food gatherings we'll ever have. I know I could eat the entire thing myself in probably once sitting. May not feel that well afterwards, but I bet I could do it. Then again, it's a really light dessert, so it wouldn't be like eating an entire cheesecake by oneself.

So now I have some drab grey ribbed socks on the needles for my take-along knitting. We did go yesterday to the in-laws for Thanksgiving supper, and I took a baby dress to work on instead. I have to try and get two size 2 tank top style dresses finished before the end of the month. One of our good customers at the store asked if she bought the yarn if I'd knit the dresses. I'm anxious to get them done so I can move on to some Christmas knitting or else I'll be out of time as usual! Plus I'm getting the urge to knit hats and mittens. Could be cuz the forecast for next week is in the single or low double digits Celsius all week. I guess that happens around here once Fall hits.

Off to my parents' place today for turkey. Pa has to go away to work tomorrow, so she's doing hers today.

Happy Thanksgiving to fellow Canadians, and Happy Knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Gorgeous baby blankie! And yes, the ruffle was tiresome but very worth it!

I think everyone enjoyed all the food at our Pot Luck, but I agree that the pavlova is an all time favourite!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

I love your new baby blanket. I have to remember this, for the next time I want to knit something for a baby. :o)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Gorgeous blanket! Happy Thanksgiving!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous pat said...

ADORABLE baby blanket!!!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely one of the most beautiful baby blankets I have ever seen!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home