Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Blankets

bluebell tweed and stem green tweed
started September 8, finished the 19th
Ravelry details here.


Great pattern, followed to the letter. Love it that the only seaming was on the corners of the border. Anyone doing this and chosing two colors instead of four -- make your first two squares the same color, then the last two use the other color. It was delivered to the new baby boy along with Pembroke yesterday.
Got another baby blanket on the needles for a cousin of Hubs who is having a girl. I decided against this blanket and opted for this one instead. I love it! Doing the blocks 41sts and horizontally, and I'm leaning towards doing an edging like on this one. I plan on doing this blanket 6x8 like a friend did hers. This one is made with Bernat Jr Jacquards in Big Deal Teal. I can see me making more of these. Garter stitch normally gets on my nerves, but this is really nice and relaxing. I'd like to get the Adult Jacquards and make myself a blanket like this. Ravelry details here.
We got some new yarn in stock. It's Kertzer Accent Worsted, a wool/acrylic blend, but to me it feels mostly wool. Really nice colors, we got half of them so far. They're heathery colors, excellent sweater stuff. Sells for $5.49/skein, not bad.
Happy knitting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

The four corners blanket is GORGEOUS!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

The blanket turned out beautifully!

Can't wait to see how the other one comes along!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

This is such an awesome blanket!!! Nicely done! :o)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

That's a lovely baby blanket!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Love the 4corners blanket , nice work ! The one in progress looks very nice too , thnks for the links . There's a bunch of babies due around here and apparently , I'm the designated knitter . So happy that one of them is a little girl , due in January . Finally girlie knitting !

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

love the 4 corners blanket, very interesting!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home