Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Socks

Cairi's Sweetheart by Kate Blackburn
started January 23, finished February 10
Ravelry details here.
for the boys' school Valentine Raffle draw


The first picture is pretty close to the true color except the pink isn't quite as pink.

So far the biggest seller in the closing out sale at work is the yarn. That is extremely picked over, especially the sock yarn. I do have some Kroy and Kroy FX coming, but not oodles, and there's a fair bit of Classic Wool coming in. I also ordered the Fortissima we always carried, we were totally out of that. The Boss Man told me to order it, we're going to be there til the end of March, order what sells, he said. The lady who wiped us out of Fortissima told me to let her know if we got more. We've had people come spend literally hundreds of dollars. (Hubs said it's no good to open a yarn shop in town for at least a year, lol. But I say knitters are hoarders, and there's always room for more.) We had four ladies come in yesterday from out of town who knew we sold yarn but didn't know we were closing. One lady spent almost $60 on sock yarn, one spent almost $70. I figure by the end of March there isn't going to be much left for me to store at my house!


I added quite a few skeins to the odd dye lot/single skein bin, they are 50% off, everything else is 25% off. I only have the Briggs & Little and Handicrafter left to count which I'll work on Monday and Tuesday. I think there will be quite a few B&L single skeins to add to the bin, so it's worth checking out if you're in the area. (I thought the Handi would be going out by the bagfuls, it's always sold really, really well, but so far we haven't really sold that much. We've got the stripes and twists, too.)


Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heddy said...

I like those socks - I hope whoever won them at school appreciates handknit socks! very nice work, S!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home