Saturday, May 21, 2011

Socks

Long time, no post, but there has been some knitting going on. A week ago yesterday the Oldest One decided to get the flu, which he so nicely passed to Hubs (who got hit with it when he was on the road and got stuck at a gas station for over a day til he was able to drive again), then the Littlest One, then me. I must say that was by far the worst flu I've had since we all had the Norwalk virus in March 2007.

I finished up a pair of wildly colored Kroy socks in the mexicala colorway for myself. I used my usual 60st vanilla sock pattern, but I decided to go with garter stitch short row heels for a change. I'm not the greatest at SRHs, still think I like my heel flaps better. The stripes matched perfectly. Ravelry details here.






I also finished up another pair of vanilla socks, this time with heel flaps, awhile back. These ones were made with Lang Jawoll Silk and have reinforcement thread in the heels and toes. I got this yarn at one of our Knit Nite exchanges. These socks are going to be dontaed to a fundraiser for a friend of mine's family that is being held next Sunday. Our small town unfortunately had our first murder in 19 years last month. The lady who was killed was an acquaintance, I didn't know her super well, but I've known her for a long time. She was a neighbor twice, she lived two houses from me for a bit when I had my first house, and a few years ago she lived across the street from where I live now. Her daughter used to live up the road from me as well, her oldest boy used to come down and play with my boys, and they'd go to her house. The deceased was also one of our yarn customers, she knit and crocheted, and we'd chat about knitting stuff when she'd come in, and her grandkids. It's all very sad. She was reported missing the day before her 47th birthday, and a few weeks later her fiance was charged with killing her the same day they found her body in the woods in another part of our county. (Strange coincidence, too -- the last murder in our town was also domestic violence, but the wife killed the husband - in the same apartment building! An older couple that lives over that way said it was the same apartment, but I'm not sure if that's true. The first couple had been married on Valentine's Day, this recent couple had been engaged on Valentine's Day. Kinda trippy.) Ravelry details here.



So that's about it for now. Trying to get one more pair of socks finished by the end of the month and the end of the 52 Pair Plunge. I signed up for the mini plunge of 26 pairs of socks. The pair currently on the needles makes pair 26!


Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home