Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Privateer Days

So the long weekend was Privateer Days weekend in our town. The Oldest One got to play his first gig with the band. I asked him if he faked any of it, lol - he said just the first song cuz he really didn't know it. But he played all the rest of them. He played in a concert this Tuesday past as well and has another one coming up next Tuesday.




He also got his new bike for grading from Grampy W (he has bought the boys all of their bikes, and he did the same for my nephew). The Littlest One didn't need a new bike, so he got cash instead.




There were some rides in town for the festival.



I could never handle this one. I don't even know if I ever even went on this when I was a kid. I've never had much of a stomach for rides, I get motion sick easily, and I don't like heights.



This one started off okay for the Littlest One...



... but this time he was on with a friend instead of big brother. After it went around a couple of times his head flopped over, a sure sign he started to not feel so good.



After a break of about an hour he got his second wind, and none of the rides bothered him after that. (Luckily he didn't get sick, he just felt wishy washy.) The Oldest One loves this ride.



Last year the Littlest One tried it but didn't like it. This year was different, he liked it a lot and went on it several times.



Then there was a reptile show, I had free passes. (The perks of working for the co-chair of the festival committee!) The Littlest One is on the far end, the Oldest One at the near end, and my nephew in the middle with the orange t-shirt.


He got picked to go up and help with the snake. He thought she was going to bite him, but the guy doing the show promised she wouldn't, lol. There were lots of other critters there, but they only took a few of them out see.






Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Frieda said...

Love the grren bike , so cool !

I don't know how anyone can go on any of those rides . I get motion sickness very easily , so definitely not my cup of tea . My boys on the oter hand , no problem.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home