Sunday, April 28, 2013

FO Catch Up

I made my friend, M, another pair of ankle socks.  This pair was started April 10 and finished on the 14th.  The bright yellow is old Bernat Hot Sox, the main part is leftover Marks & Kattens Fame Trend from this hat.  Standard 60st vanilla socks on 2.75mm needles with a 10 row cuff then right into the heel over 30sts, toe to 20sts, details here.
 

Next up was a quickie scarf that I made for the Littlest One's school spring fiesta on April 20.  The yarn was mill ends of Fleece Artist Merino that I got one World Wide Knit in Public Day at Have a Yarn.  The pattern is One Row Lace Scarf, knit on 5.5mm needles, started April 14, finished the 18th, I used up probably a little over half of the skein, and blocked it measured about 5.5" wide and 86" long.  Details here.
 


And I had a bit of a fall off the wagon when it comes to buying yarn.  Last year I bought yarn to do like four projects, so not very much at all.  (Didn't really need much since when the shop closed I bought a ton at half price!) Mary Maxim had a sock yarn sale, so I bought just a bit - 10 skeins!  But at least half of this is destined for man socks, and I don't really have much in the stash for man socks.  The brown will be socks for step FIL for Christmas, and the dark grey will be for my friend, T.  He is the other half of M and has been getting digs in about all the socks she gets, and the only thing he's gotten is a hat.  All of these with tax and shipping was a little less than $85, so that's not so bad.  I'll get 10+ pairs out of this, I'm sure I'll make M some more mismatched ankle socks, she loves them!  Details on these can be found in my Ravelry stash.
 

Happy knitting!

PS  Maggie is doing quite well except that I have to keep the cone on her pretty much 24/7.  She just won't leave the cast sore alone if I don't.  She's got about a week and a half to go, and she should be getting her cast off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home