Friday, August 22, 2014

More Socks

Summer has flown by way too fast.  Hard to believe that less than two weeks til the kids go to school again. Ugh. 

More socks to show.  I whipped up a pair of ankle socks for my friend, M, out of leftover cherry sours Patons Stretch Sock.  Ravelry details here.



And two more pairs of Stretch Sock socks, both are pumpkin spice.  Ravelry details here.





Tomorrow we are off to pick the boys up some back to school sneakers and a few other things we need.  I think I will start some Christmas (gasp!) shopping, too.  Lots of gift cards happening this year.  Then we are off to a friend's camp for the night, pitching our tent for the first time this year.  There are several of us going out with our kids.  The Oldest One is staying home, though.   He's a big Nascar fan, and heaven forbid he miss a race even though we have Fibre Op now and tv boxes we can record on.  So he is going to his grandparents' place for the night.  I will have to pack some knitting to take.  I'm itching to cast on that baby blanket I want to knit, but I may just stick with socks and take a hat that I've been working on that keeps getting put on the back burner.

Happy knitting!


2 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

I can't believe how fast summer has gone. I Christmas shop all year round, so that doesn't phase me - but I think it is getting close to the time to get serious about Christmas knits!

12:53 PM  
Blogger elns said...

I am a firm believer as well in holiday/christmas shopping all year round, or at least sooner than later. Much easier on your pocket book, than trying to drop a bunch of cash within a one month window. On that note, I ought to make a list ...

Love your socks as always, one day I will make anklets, one day!!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home