Sunday, May 14, 2006

Finally Done (After Only A Year!)


I finished my Ma's -- Ma's Days socks last night at almost midnight. She didn't try them on today, so I don't know if they fit. Her feet are smaller than mine, so I tried to adjust them by guestimating. I've only ever knit socks for myself or women with the same size feet as me, men's socks, and kids socks.





I also had completed all the pieces to the sweater I started for the store about a year ago. This morning it looked like this.


Then it looked like this after supper.


Now it looks like this, all done. I can't get anything but crap pictures of this yarn. Must be the ragg effect not co-operating with the flash. It does have two cables running up the front and a cable up each sleeve, with saddle strips across the shoulders. Now I can work on the other sweater I started for the store, and more socks, of course!

I did win that Lorna's Laces on eBay that I showed in the last post. I also won this from the same seller, too. Shipping was the same for two or four skeins, so I may as well take advantage (good excuse to buy more, right?). I see cabley goodness happening with these ones.



Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

Yay for finished mom's day socks :)

That LL looks great-- I always justify buying more when there's only one shipping price, too :)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Great sweater, and the LL is beautiful!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! I love how your mom's day's socks turned out, such a great colorway!
And wow, the sweater is so gorgeous, great job with the knitting and certainly with the finishing chores as well - it looks fantastic!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

The socks and sweater look great! And I love the yarn you got on eBay! Wonderful colours!!
Have a great day!

9:42 AM  
Blogger KraftyKay said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. The socks look great and I love that colorway of Lorna's laces you won--congrats!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home