Tuesday, April 25, 2006


Hubby got home Saturday night at almost 9. I wasn't expecting him til yesterday. He had me on the phone, pretending he was in New Brunswick. Then I looked out the window and first thought was, "Who's that driving a big truck like that down this road this late at night?" Then I clued in it was him. The boys were excited. He may be leaving tomorrow for a short run to Toronto so he's back next weekend for the annual firemen's banquet. He gets his 15 year certificate this year, and it's free booze to boot!

I started a pair of toddler socks for the store in some Fortissima socka that we had in an odd dye lot. (I think it's this color or very close - I lost the label already!) I will have them finished later today. I will have to pause the socks for a couple of days. The lady that used to do the framing at the store called me yesterday and wants a newborn baby set. She needs it quickly, so I will start it today and hope to have it finished by Friday. If not then I will have it completed over the weekend so she can pick it up Monday. I have the same book she had in the store the other day, so I am going to make the same one she had planned. It's just a garter stitch bonnet, jacket, and booties. I've made it once before, and it was cute. The sleeves and body are knit from the bottom up, and the top is a yoke, so it cuts back on the sewing up! I think if I remember correctly the only sewing on the jacket is the sleeve seams and buttons. She has a bad shoulder, and she tried to knit it but it bothers her too much. I have some pink yarn in my stash that I can use, so this will be all profit!

Hope to have some pictures in the next couple of days of the toddler socks and the finished baby set. Now that I found my other 4.5mm needles I have to get back to work on the sweater sleeve, too!

Off to the grocery store.

Happy knitting!


Anonymous ~Jo~ said...

At last he made it home! I can only imagine the joy for the kids. :) Love the joke he did to you. LOL!

11:47 AM  
Blogger aija said...

What a nice surprise :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Glad to hear he arrived home safe and sound! And congrats on the 15 years a volunteer fireman. That's a big job by times! I remember when we were kids and would hear the fire alarm go and all the volunteer fireman would run or drive to the firehall. Very exciting!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I'm so happy that your hubby was able to get home - and to surprise you!
Thank you for the offer of your scraps of yarn. I'll have to take a day to just say "forget the price of gas - I'm going!" and head your way!
Have a good day!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home