Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

And is it ever! First thing my sitter doesn't show. (Overslept -- he got there eventually.) Hubby was home, but he had to wash firetrucks today, so I went to work a few minutes late. No one else was there yet, and there was a courier waiting to drop something off.

Our film developing machine had new valves replaced cuz all the old ones were seized up, and we broke two of them trying to drain old chemicals to mix new. So I start to fill the stabilizer. Forgot that the waste tanks underneath to catch the overflow were out. First thing I hear water running. No big deal. Wiped it up, put in the second tank. Then I look for the part that goes on top of the first tank. The guy who put on the new valves had it stogged in on top of the hoses and crap to keep it out of his way. Of course, when I was gently trying to get it out of there, off pops the bleach hose, dark green bleach running everywhere, splashing on my bare foot and moc-croc. Had to run to my little "chemical room" sink to wash my shoe and leg. The bleach was from the replenisher tank which was luckily almost empty, so it all stayed in the bottom of the machine (instead of running all over the floor) where I had to use a turkey baster to get it out til there was only enough left to sop up into paper towel. (I couldn't just stick the hose back on when it came off cuz it's up underneath the tanks, and it's dark so you can't see where it goes without a flashlight. Plus who wants to stick their head in there with bleach running everywhere.)

After all of that I got all of the chemicals mixed. I had to leave before our test film came out, but I called, and all is well in the world of film processing once again.

Also, the guy who does the framing took apart a frame to replace broken glass this morning. It had four clips in the back. He took them out and laid them together on his framing counter. When he went to put them back in there were only three. We looked everywhere, never did find it. He ended up having to make something that worked the same. Just kinda weird since he didn't move from that spot. We basically looked around the entire room in case it had gotten airborn or something, nothing.

Then I went to pick up our new 10-4 cell phones (changing providers), and they didn't arrive. So no new phone til Monday or Tuesday, hopefully before hubby goes off to work again.

Plus did I mention the kids are annoying the heck out of me today? And it's really hot? And my house gets like an oven?

The Tooth Fairy will come tonight, hope she has change. The Oldest One lost a tooth just before supper.


It was kinda funny. Last night the Oldest One and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie (which was really good, btw). I'm sitting there and hear someone say, "knitting" behind me. I whip around, and who's there but Heddy and her T! I didn't take any knitting with me, figured I'd be too wrapped up in the movie to bother.

After work tomorrow we'll be off camping til Monday, so I'll see everyone then. I promise to have pictures then -- I hate posting with nothing to show.

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heddy said...

Sounds like the 13th nailed you! not a good day at all!

Looks like my streak of bad luck has broken -- its been a few days and all my fingers and toes are still intact (mostly).
Have fun camping -- I may pop by the store tomorrow - to see your SP4 socks

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy ;( I usually take the 13th as my lucky day, but sometimes it seems things just don't go right then ;(

6:30 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

I think you had my share of bad luck! I got away totally unscathed on Friday!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home