Monday, February 11, 2008

Good-bye, Nanny W

Hubby's Nanny W passed away this morning. She had lung cancer that travelled to her brain. She went so fast. She was at her son's place on New Year's Eve, and you wouldn't even know there was anything wrong with her. We found out last month that she had a tumor at the base of her neck, and on Friday I was told by her daughter that she didn't have very much time left, only about a week. There were also two more tumors growing in her brain. We went up to see her Saturday evening, but she was asleep the entire time we were there. Last Wednesday she didn't know who anyone was, but Saturday she had a good day, knew people, laughed and joked a bit. Her suffering is done now, and I'm sure hubby's father met her this morning when she passed. (She was his father's mother, and he died almost five years ago.) This picture was taken last November 3 at their 50th wedding anniversary.

I felted my ballerina slippers yesterday, but one was a little bigger than the other, and they both stretched out a bit, so I redid them today. I forgot about them in the wash, so they shrunk a bit more than what I wanted, but I'm sure they'll stretch out somewhat again. They usually do. I've got one Transformer washcloth almost finished, so I'll start the other one tonight, hopefully get it done.

Today was a snow day. I did have my doctor's appointment about my foot. Nothing showed in the x-ray, no surprise. He said along the way somewhere I pulled the tendons in the side of my foot, and since your foot never really gets a break it takes a long time to heal. Most likely it will take a few months yet, and if it's still bad in the spring to go back. I have to go on the 28th for the results from the CT I had yesterday morning looking for kidney stones.

Happy knitting!

PS Heddy's back and has warm weather photos!

8 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

My condolences on your loss. My MIL died of lung cancer that had spread to her brain and spine. Such a terribly painful end.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts to all of you.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you well right now.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Frieda said...

My sympathies for your family's loss. Sending a virtual hug your way. Take care !

7:18 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. We are all thinking about you and sending good vibes. At least she went quickly and with little pain.
Take care.

11:20 AM  
Blogger aija said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. The fact that they celebrated their 50th is so great though.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

So sorry to hear about this. :o(
Take care.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I am just getting caught up on blog reading and I am sorry to hear about your loss.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home