Thursday, November 13, 2008

Warm Hands

Finally finished my charity knitting for Warm Hands Innu Knits. The package included three pairs of Newfoundland mittens. (See these in my Ravelry projects for how I did them. I made two different kids sizes. The blue and yellow are the larger pair, more suited to probably young teen. The other two are probably more like 6-10 years old maybe.) Started November 4, finished the 13th. Briggs & Little Heritage in navy, orange, and yellow.




I'd also made six hats out of Briggs & Little Atlantic, and there was a child size four sweater at the store that I knit eons ago, so I grabbed that and threw it in. It's pretty colorful -- won't lose the kids in the snow wearing these. At least they'll be warm.


I think this was old-old-old stock Canadiana that I got for next to nothing.


I'm feeling for Nova Knitter, too. Seems her fairly recently added dog, Gunni, loves her knitting and must have it at all costs. It has to be kept quite safe. I think our new little Maggie thinks she's a cat, cuz every time she can steal my yarn she does. She's terrible. She also steals shoes, slippers, socks, etc. She got the insole out of my sneaker yesterday and chewed it. Not too badly, and I do need a new pair. The kids went to school the other day, and when I came back from the bus stop she had both of my slippers and a sock in her kennel. Shortly before that I had already taken one slipper and the Oldest One's socks from her.


She likes to make a mess with her food, too. The little bugger sticks her paw in it and upsets it, and if she can't tip it over she uses her paw to knock it out.


There are still quite the commotions over the rawhides. Jewel will steal one from Maggie, then when Jewel isn't looking Maggie steals it back. This morning after the kids went to school Jewel stole Maggie's rawhide, ran around the house with Maggie hot on her tail, and then the big game was on of keep-away.


Mine!

Happy knitting!

8 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

The gloves and sweater are wonderful and the new puppy and the doggy are so so cute!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Those dogs are soooo beautiful!!!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

That photo of the two dogs together (second form the bottom) is priceless. I'd totally be blowing it up for framing. You're giving me dog envy.

That's a really nice sweater. Love the colours for mitts too. Kids should have bright knits.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

You are so good to do all that charity knitting. I am sure it will all be much appreciated!

Great pics of the dogs and yes, the rawhide thing goes on at our house. Doesn't matter how many are on the floor, they both want the same one!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Love the mitts!! The dogs are way too cute! I have one that likes to chew everything, too!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

he doggie pictures are too cute! :o) You made a lot of lovely knits.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing package!!!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Love all the knits ; I'm sure the recipients will as well . It's so kind and thoughful to do this ...

Love the doggie photos as well , the rawhide thing is shades of Alaska and Zeus , too funny !

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home