Monday, January 26, 2009

Thorpes

We're experiencing another cold snap, so on the weekend I made the boys each a Thorpe hat. (Especially since the Littlest One has an ear infection.) I didn't crochet any edging cuz 1 -- I don't know how to crochet. 2 -- I don't have a 5.5mm hook. 3 -- I didn't plan on adding the ties cuz of the danger for kids, etc. Mine are clumsy enough, I can see the Littlest One hanging himself on the schoolyard equipment. 4 -- They look fine and suited their purpose without the edging. (Even though I would like to make myself one, and when I do I plan on trying the crochet edging and adding the ties.) The Littlest One's hat is a small with some added length and was made on the 24th, and the Oldest One's is a medium with added length and was made on the 25th. I used Patons Shetland Chunky in red robin and dark sage green and 5.5mm needles.

The green yarn turned my hands bluish, as well as the needles. This is a one-piece circular, and the needles were the same color as the cable. Now they are blue. I made sure I washed the hat in warm water/rinse to get the excess color out before he wore it to school today.

I'm a winner! I won some Cherry Tree Hill from Heddy. She had a quickie contest for her missed blogiversary earlier this month. She and her Hubs also left today for Montreal by train til Friday, and she wanted some ideas of what to do. Not sure what pattern I'll use, but first thought was this from my Ravelry queue.

I'll leave you with a video of Maggie trying to play with Pumba. Pumba is such a softie. He's the only cat that tolerates the dogs really. If they were easier on the poor old guy he'd probably cuddle up with them. They're too young and silly yet.



Happy knitting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Cute clip! I don't think Pumba was having as much fun as Maggie!

The hats look nice and warm on the boys!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Ah! Guess what I've been knitting the last three days! Thorpes! :o) My daughter is in Halifax at University and needs another hat. Now I have to finishe the sweater, so I can send it off.
Your boys seem to like their new hats! :o) Congrats on your win! It's always nice to win yarn or whatever. :o)

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Thorpes - No cold ears for your boys!
I need to make some more of those- The 2 I made are favorites in this house!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Thorpe has really become my go-to hat pattern, I love it! The boys looks so sweet together. :o)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Cute hats!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Great hats!

I do want to do this pattern eventually....too many thing on the go right now.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home