Saturday, January 24, 2009

Trigger Finger

Finally finished the trigger finger mittens that I was requested to make by a customer. They are from an old Patons pattern, and I must say that I did not enjoy making these. Normally I don't mind mittens, but it must have been the finger or the yarn or something. They were a pain. I used Briggs & Little Heritage in medium grey, started January 20, finished the 23rd. That was probably another factor. I find that B&L yarns bother my hands if I'm making mittens or socks on smaller needles. The yarn is stiff, and I have carpal tunnel. My hands go numb, so I have to take breaks to get the feeling back. Sometimes it makes my hands sore, too. He hasn't picked them up yet, so I don't know if they'll fit. He said he wears a 10 glove, and I found on the internet that that is an extra large. I guess if they're a bit big they could be washed in hot water. I can never get B&L to felt very well, so I wouldn't think it would overshrink if they keep an eye on it.


I'm going to try and whip the boys up their Thorpe hats this weekend. There's another cold front coming tomorrow for a few days. The Littlest One has an ear infection and is on antibiotics, so I think he should have his to wear to school on Monday. If it's too cold they won't play outside, but he'll still need it for going to and from the bus.

Maggie decided she loves the Littlest One's waterbed. I couldn't find her the other day, and here she was. She's getting super spoiled. The last two nights she hasn't been put in her kennel, she has slept on the foot of my bed with Jewel. Not too comfy for me since I have one dog on one side, one on the other, and boths kids have colds plus the ear infection, so they arrive in with me. Three people and two dogs in a queen sized bed is a tight fit. Plus she's grown so much since we got her, she is losing her puppy look.

The question of how I get videos on my blog was asked. What I do is go on YouTube and select videos. Search for the video you'd like. On the right you'll see a like URL and under it a line that says Embed. Sometimes it says, "Embedding disabled by request". Ain't gonna get that one! I copy and paste the embedding code to the very bottom of my blog template. To get it to automatically play, you have to insert this -- &autoplay=1 -- behind -- =en&fs=1" . So you'll end up with a line of coding that has a section that has this in it: =en&fs=1&autoplay=1

Happy knitting!

7 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Love those trigger gloves! :o)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I agree with you completely on the B&L -- 'tis a pity. I'm been planning some thrummed mitts with mine, but I just don't want to work with it. Funny how quickly we get spoiled once we work with some good stuff. :-)

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the mittens. And the color is great.

Hope the littlest ones starts feeling better.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

I have a bunch of B&L in my stash due to our last trip to New Brunswick .The price was right at the time . I haven't done much with it except a pair of work socks for DH . Not too in love with it either , though it does soften up with washing .

The mitts look great as do the Thorpe hats for the boys . That pattern has been in my queue forver !

1:53 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I love a sleepy puppy. The mittens are cool. I haven't seen ones like that before.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I want to kiss your puppy....how sweet.

The mitts came out nice...I would have never thought of "trigger mitts". lol

8:52 PM  
Anonymous OnCapeFog@yahoo.com said...

I'm new to this but would love to make these for DH. Where can I find the pattern?

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home