Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot

Super hot day today, as hot as any summer day. It was +30C today. One thing I realized is I'm getting older and can't stand the heat. I don't know how I'll make out this summer! It's better than snow, mind you, but I don't like it when it's too hot. It's not going to last yet. The rest of the week is supposed to be cooler but nice.

I finished a pair of socks, Ravelry details here. These ones were started on April 16, finished the 25th. I used Fortissima Socka Zebra, or something like that, in olive. Just a standard vanilla sock, 2.25mm needles, 68sts for these ones to make ladies large/mens medium, heel over 34sts, toe to 24sts.

Been working on some vanilla footies with leftover Patons Stretch Sock for my best friend. I am on the second sock of the first pair. I don't seem to be getting a lot of knitting time in lately. I work this weekend, so I'll make up for it then.

Anyone who read my previous post and may have been wondering about Hubs, well, we still don't know what's up. He went to work today, and I haven't heard anything yet from his ultrasound he had done yesterday. So far his stomach isn't bothering him, but he has been watching what he eats. Also an update on this post and the dog harnesses -- mine are both still pulling, but not as badly. Maggie is the worst. She loses all brain function when she goes for a walk. It's terrible, I'm going to video her sometime. She yips and yaps and bites at the leash, she pulls, she weaves and bobs back and forth, it's crazy. She got two spots on her chest where the harness chaffed her, and it kinda scabbed. The straps have pads, so I make sure the pads are pulled up all the way, but it's from her insisting on pulling. Jewel is much better, starts off pulling a bit, but then she slacks off. She didn't get any sore spots. At least now I can take them together without throwing my back out.

Anyhoo, gotta go do some other stuff, not that I want to.

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

It was really warm here on the weekend, but a couple of good rainstorms took care of that.... no doubt it's coming your way.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

I totally agree about the heat! Nice but I'm glad it will be back to normal tomorrow!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home