Monday, August 31, 2009

Deja Vu

It's deja vu time -- I finished my pair of Kroy FX clover colors vanilla socks. Started August 25, finished the 29th. Details here. I like the first pair I made for the store display better. I don't like how the color flows on the top of the foot after the gusset pick up. Oh, well. They're for me, and I have other things I have to knit, so I let it as is.

I also did another pair for the Warm Hands charity. These socks are smaller, I'd say size 12-18 months maybe. They are leftover Kroy and Regia, started August 27, finished the 30th. Details here.
I took a few pictures the other day of the yarn department at the store. It's a little different now because we got all 14 new striping colors in of Kroy sock yarn. I had to move the Estelle Arequipa to fit in all the new Kroy.
This weekend gone by we were supposed to go camping and then hop on over to the amusement park on Saturday. We went to the camper on Friday night. That was quite a sad evening. On the drive out an ambulance passed us with the lights and siren blaring. We pulled over to let it pass. Once we got to the campground we saw that the ambulance as well as the local fire department were at the main hall of the campground. One of the seasonal residents, only 48, had a heart attack and passed away. She had a dance and went back to the table to sit down and poof -- gone just like that. Her step daughter lives a couple of houses down the road from me.

So Saturday morning we get up, and it's raining. Danny is passing through, but he's not nearly as bad as Bill was the weekend before. We decide to go home, so after breakfast we head home. We get monsoon rain off and on all evening, and my roof leaks again, down through one of my kitchen lights. It only does that when it rains really, really hard. So I send Hubs up into the attic to look for the leak. He finds this.

He says it looks like it was broken during shingling of the roof, probably 18 years ago or so, cuz there are nails right there, probably hit that knot and broke. I figure since the shingles are getting old they've gone soft there or sunk a bit, thus the leaking. So now I need it fixed. If we can stop the leak I won't worry about the broken board til the whole roof gets reshingled in a couple of years time.

Sunday morning it cleared off here, so we went to the amusement park for the day. Over there it was overcast and chilly, not the greatest day. (Sunny and nice out here, so I heard.) I ran into a ton of people from town. The boys were disappointed that the roller coaster wasn't running that day, so they gave free upgrades to a laser tag bracelet. (I'd never pay the extra $6 for that -- not worth it, that's for sure.) The mini golf course was under water, and the boardwalk to the bumper boats and peddle boats was under water, so those things were out of commission. But we still had fun, next year we'll have to make sure we get there earlier. We only did the flume ride twice, it was too cold to get wet. The only positive thing was it wasn't very busy, so you didn't really have to wait in lines to get on the rides.

Happy knitting!


Blogger Donna M said...

Sorry to hear about your weekend and the lady that died is a friend of the lady who cleans house and looks after my dogs.

Can't believe how much yarn is in your store pics!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

I think your socks look fab!! If I had to work around all that yarn all day I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything else.

I sympathize with the roof...we had problems a couple years ago and had to redo...not fun living in a leaky house, for sure!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those Kroy socks are awesome!!!! Sorry you're weekend was as nice as you had hoped

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home