Thursday, September 03, 2009

They're Baaaackk!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

School started today, and boy, did the day fly! (At least for me.) The Oldest One forgot his bag with his inside sneakers and box of kleenex in it at the bus stop. As she was pulling away I saw it, but rather than flag her down to stop I just took it home and ran it up to him. His school is just up around the corner and up the road about a kilometre or less. I came home, had breakfast, and by 9:30 (their bus came 8:35, about 10 minutes later than usual) I was in the Oldest One's pig sty of a room, biffing and chucking. Both of their rooms looked like they blew up, I should have taken before and after shots. I have been after them for almost two weeks, clean it up or I will. I can't do it when they're home, they won't let me get rid of anything. So it took me til 12:30, but I tidied both rooms. One box of toys went to the local Salvation Army Thrift Store, and one whole black garbage back is filled to the top. I actually think I'll have to split it into two bags. For now it's hidden in the back room of the basement. Next week on one of my days off I'm going to tackle my room!

I am almost finished Pembroke for a friend who is soon due to have a baby. (Ravelry details here.) This is the back, and I've got the front done to the start of the V neck. Hope to get the front finished tonight. I have to get the sewing machine out and do some repairs and hem a pair of pants for the Littlest One or else I may have gotten it totally finished. I don't like sewing, so I have to force myself to do it. I'd like it maybe if I was better at it. I always had dreams of quilting some day, we'll see. (Ah, heck - they don't need what I need to sew tomorrow. If I don't get it done tonight I'll do it Monday night when we get back from the camper. I also have to finish mowing the lawn, and there is only so many hours in a day!)

Went to the local Frenchy's yesterday, and my Ma found this for the Littlest One. It's too big now but should be just right for next summer. It still had the tag on it.


I would never, ever pay that much for a kid's shirt! $60! I can't imagine. Anyways, I think I paid maybe $2.50 or thereabouts. It will be a great soccer shirt, it's silky and cool. I also got new Nike shorts for the Oldest One, and a nice Nike shirt and a Gap shirt. I also got the Littlest One a nice Old Navy long sleeved t-shirt and a Gap fleece hoody. I went last week and got them some other nice stuff, too, like new LL Bean shorts, a Fubu t-shirt, and other things. I only get name brand or stuff that is new/looks like new. I'm quite particular. Oh, and I also got the Oldest One a nice spring/fall jacket that he really needed.

Happy knitting!

PS The girls are highly upset that the boys are back in school. They miss them very much, and as soon as they heard the busses go up the road they were at the window waiting!! (They go to school on the same bus but come home at different times on different busses.)

PPS They are home from school now, and they have a friend over who is the Littlest One's age. We'll see how long the rooms stay cleaned up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Gotta love a bargain - nice shirt! I think Pembroke is such a cute pattern. :o)

6:27 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

I always loved the first day back at school! Getting your life back for a few hours every day is just wonderful!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is like a thrifting touchdown!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Ah the first day of school...there's nothing quite like it!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

It amazes me what people spend on clothes... I wouldn't spend $60 on a shirt for myself!
I do miss back to school time though. I hated the school part, but I always loved the pre-school shopping!

12:31 AM  
Anonymous pat said...

Ahhhhhh - those 5-6 hours of freedom! Mine went back on Tuesday :-)
You used your time in a much more productive way than I did!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home