Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

You'd never guess by the look of the sky this evening that Bill is on his way and due to hit here through the night! I worked today, but it was another hot, hot, muggy day. Normally hurricanes lose their oomph when they get to our area because it's cooler, but it has been so hot and humid lately that it is helping Bill keep a lot of his power. I am surrounded by big, big trees, so that has me a little nervous. Last year Hurricane Kyle passed through, and he did some damage to my trees. I was not happy.

I finished up the first pair of Kroy FX clover colors socks. They aren't quite as bright in person as what they look here. It was dark when I finished, and I won't be able to get outside shots tomorrow, so these will have to do for now. Started August 18, finished the 22nd. Details here.

So I've got lots to knit tomorrow. A friend was supposed to have her baby shower tomorrow but has changed it til next Sunday because of the impending storm. That's good cuz I didn't have her stuff finished yet! In fact I just started Pembroke tonight. I've also started some toddler/small kid socks for Warm Hands Innu Knits. I need to have everything ready to go in the mail on September 15. I cooked my ham tonight just in case we lose power. Got the bbq if we need it in the garage, and I've got bread and peanut butter, so I'm all set. Lots of candles, too, just not to get too close to the knitting and set it on fire!

Anyone in Bill's path stay safe, and Happy Knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Hopefully the storm fizzles out, or at least doesn't do too much damage. Stay safe and have fun knitting. Socks look great

1:35 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I really like the look of those socks! Hope you weather the storm safely!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

The socks look great!

Wind and rain this morning! Hope that's all we get! I hate power outages! We are prepared however. Lots of knitting on hand! :)

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed Bill here in New England. Hopefully you will just get some rain and some knitting time with electricity! Stay Safe!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Heddy said...

the socks turned out nice! We just got our power back about half an hour ago ... right after we hooked up the generator!

It sure is a wild old day out there!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home