Thursday, November 26, 2009

FO Catch Up

I have been knitting, though right now even though I need to do Christmas stuff I feel unsettled with my knitting. I guess I keep thinking of what I need/want to knit and don't really want to work on my current project(s). This happens with me from time to time.

Anyhoo, last night at Knit Nite I finished my third Christmas gift. These are Olympian Socks for one of my SILs. Started November 1, finished the 25th. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill in spring frost, stuff I won from Heddy. I've never knit socks for either SIL, this Christmas will be the first. Details on these socks and more pictures found here on Ravelry.

I had a moment, we'll say, with these socks. I had the first sock done and on the fancy new sock blockers that I got NovaKnitter to order for me in her KnitPicks order. (I got medium and large!) Anyways, I got the first sock out to count the little mock cables to make sure I made the second sock the same length. I was done the gusset decreases and proceeding down the foot of the second sock when I noticed that all was not well with the second sock. After your twelve rows of ribbing for the cuff you're supposed to do a round of purl, a round of knit, and a round of purl again, then go into the pattern. Well, I forgot to do those three rounds before the pattern. I couldn't bring myself to rip all that work back, yet anyone that knows me knows that something like that drives me insane!! Then Hubs was like, "Who are they for?" and "You can't give her socks that have a mistake in them." Sooooooo, I finish the sock and tink backwards. I probably should have tinked back one more row, but it's close enough. Then I picked up my stitches and knit the cuff "bottom up" so to speak. Yes, I am incredibly anal, I can't help myself. If they had been mine I probably, probably would have left it. Probably.

The boys also got new felted clogs. The Littlest One's are Patons Classic Wool in leaf green and forest. His are the child extra large from this pattern. Started these on November 16, finished the 17th. Ravelry details here.

The Oldest One's are ladies medium (he won't be ten til January, and he has the same size foot as me!) in Patons Classic Wool too teal and leaf green, this pattern, of course. Started his November 13, finished the 15th. Ravelry details here.

And lastly I forgot in my mass of pictures from the last post to show some artwork that a friend of mine had done for me years ago. He went to my mother's to get a picture of Simba and Nala so he could do a charcoal drawing of them for me for Christmas one year. He must have done this over 10 years ago cuz I've been at the store for almost 11 years, and I know I had this framed when we were in our old spot on Main Street and J did the framing. I think next month is our 10 year anniversary in the spot where we are now. Anyways, the type of guy that he is he couldn't do anything serious! Simba is the smoker, Nala is the wino.

Then a few years later he did Pumba for me for Christmas. I know the pics aren't the greatest, I took them at night with no flash. It says, "So... how long have you had this.... EAR fetish?" Ever since Pumba was a baby he had a thing for sucking on my ears. He still tries to do it, crazy thing. He likes to sit in that position a lot, too.
Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Socks and clogs look great. I love Cherry Tree Hill.. I have a giant skein in Loden jsut waiting to be made into a shawl, and some semi-solid grape kool-aid purple for knee socks!

Great cat drawings!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I knew how to felt! I would love to make clogs.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Good rescue on the socks -- that's a lovely colourway!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Fern said...

Great job :) At least you get to wear these kinds of socks in Canada - Just looking at them makes my feet hot here in crazy-hot south Florida! :) You're a skillful knitter :)
31everything.com

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home