Sunday, November 08, 2009

One

One year ago today we went and picked up the little puff of fluff that is Maggie Tibbles (among many of the other names she's called). Now she's still quite small, but she's not-so-puff-of-fluff and definitely evil when you aren't watching! But she's my baby, and I wouldn't trade her, I just have to put her in the kennel when no one is home. Even for just five minutes. (Evilness happens in the blink of an eye!)


She definitely knows how to play the cute card. If she's been bad and is in trouble she pours on the cuteness and the charm, that's for sure. Coincidentally, today is also my big brudda's birthday. I won't say how old he is cuz it makes me sound too old. (He's almost ten years older than me.)

I finally finished the dresses from you-know-where! What a relief to get these done! I made grape juice dress first, and that one wasn't so bad. The blue and green one.... that was a different story. I had the front almost done, and I realized that it was longer than the first dress (they are both the same - size 2). I had no idea what went wrong cuz I always write down my rows. In the meantime I found a mistake in one of the seed stitch panels, probably four inches up from the bottom, of course, so I ripped it back to there. (No one would probably have noticed it, but that's all I saw when I looked at it.) Upon reknitting the front it was still not working out like the first dress, so I gave up and just modified the number of stocking stitch rows after the seed stitch panels end and the armhole shaping begins. The back of the dress... I knit that, and when I went to seam the sides together I found that back was about an inch longer than the front. Grrrr!!!!! So a ripping I went, the seed stitch panels seemed to end an inch longer than the ones on the front of the dress for some reason. I couldn't find what I did wrong, so I modified it yet again, and finally got the darned thing finished. All the details are on Ravelry here, along with more pictures.

Seed Stitch Panel Dress

Bernat Jr Jacquards in Grape Juice
Bernat Baby Jacquards in I'm a Big Boy
both size 2
started Grape Juice dress on Oct 9, finished the 18th
started I'm a Big Boy dress on Oct 21, finished Nov 7
size 4mm needles
size 3.5mm needles for the armhole bands and neckband
Must go finish supper. I think the Littlest One is getting sick. He complained he has a sore throat and was freezing a little while ago. His voice is froggy, and now he's asleep. He felt hot, too. There's a lot of H1N1 going around here now, so I'm sure it will all come our way. The province got shorted on the vaccines, so only certain people can get the needle. None of us qualify yet.

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Happy Birthday, Maggie! The dresses are very cute, even though the seed stitch border gave you a hard time.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got an email from the mom of one of my students. He got his H1N1 shot last week but not in time because he is out with the flu. I've had probably 6 kids out so far and they are dropped all the time!

DD is due to have her baby next month right in the height of the Swine Flu season! I hope all goes well.

Make sure to keep pumping in the liquids into your little ones. Jello counts as well as popsicles. Dehydration is the biggest cause for hospital visits.

And....congrats Maggie for finding a great home! Someday if I ever get back to Nova Scotia I will come and meet you and bring you and your sister a bone!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Can it be a year all ready? Congrats to you and Maggie.
Maybe it's the name, because our Maggie ate a hardcover book last evening whilst we were out!!

Cute dresses!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Dresses lookk great! Maggie is too cute - probalby becuase she is such a trouble maker!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Lovely dresses! Maggie is adorable, good thing, because it's hard to stay mad at them.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home