Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Colorful Clogs

I missed work on Monday and Tuesday cuz the Littlest One was home sick. He really probably could have gone yesterday, but since today is a holiday I thought I'd keep him home, and he could go back to school on Thursday. So I hope to be able to work tomorrow to make up for some of my lost hours, and I am supposed to work Friday til one, but maybe they'll let me stay a bit later. I've noticed on my Facebook lately that a lot of kids are home sick, and apparently some of the classes in the schools have half or more of the kids missing. The Oldest One said yesterday that one of the grade three classes only had four or five kids in it Monday and Tuesday. Anyhoo...

Since I've been sequestered I've had a lot of time to knit. I made this pair of clogs yesterday. Yes, they were started in the morning, knit off and on through the day, and finished up and felted in the evening. Usually I knock off a pair in two days, this may be the first time I actually knit and felted a pair in just one day. The blue pair is a ladies large, two skeins of Navy Patons Classic Wool and one of Too Teal. Used this pattern, of course. Ravelry details here.

This pair was started on November 8 and finished on the 9th. These are ladies medium and used two skeins of Patons Classic Wool in That's Purple (discontinued colorway) and one of That's Pink. There was a small amount of pink and teal leftovers, and there's some navy and that's purple, should be enough to make some kid-sized felted mittens. Ravelry details here.

So today is Remembrance Day. Of course any morning the kids can sleep in they don't, and mornings they have to get up I usually have to fight with them. I think this afternoon a nap may be in order. (I always say that but never end up doing it.) I have two more pairs of clogs to make sooner rather than later, one pair for the Littlest One, and one pair for the Oldest One. I also have some Christmas gift socks on the needles I want to work on today. I think the clogs may wait to be started tomorrow.

Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Your clogs look great! The next time you come to KN remind me to show you how to needle felt.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home