Friday, December 04, 2009

Hat & Mitts

Finished this awhile back, it's a hat and mittens set for my nephew's second birthday. Started November 25, finished the 29th, I used an old Patons mitten pattern that is no longer in print and the hat from this pattern but smaller needles. (3.5mm and 4mm) The yarn is Kertzer Accent Worsted in brown fleck. Ravelry details here.


I am plunking along on Christmas gifts. Got a scarf about 3/4 done, need to do another scarf just like it in another color, and I've got two ladies pairs of socks and three or four pairs of mens socks. Bonus for the mens socks is I want to make Thujas, and they're worsted weight, so they'll go faster. Plus there are a couple of little things to make as well.

There's been a contest in certain boxes of popcorn. The boys were lucky and each won a 2L Fanta pop. They also got this dvd pack. It's the old Scooby Doo, the one hour specials that had people like the Harlem Globetrotters, Dick Van Dyke, etc, in it.


The Littlest One had his school Christmas concert this week. I've been trying to upload one of the songs they sang, but it isn't co-operating with me right now. I'll keep trying. He decided that he needed a white shirt and a tie. I got these dirt cheap at a second hand store. The tie is clip on, as I was digging through the bin I just happened to come upon it, lucky find. (He wouldn't tuck the shirt in.)

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nice hat and mitt set. That's sure to keep him warm

And my brother and my Dave are 32 and 34 respectively, and they STILL wont tuck their dress shirts in!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Cute hat & mitts! They look very cozy.

Your postcard arrived! Thanks so much, Gwenyth was thrilled! :o)

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home