Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Socks!


It would probably be a shock to come on my blog and not see socks, lol.  And that's all I have to show today, but I do have a hat completed, just not photographed yet, and I have another hat on the needles and some dishcloths.  For the first time in a long time I have no socks on the go!  What's up with that?!  But I foresee a pair being cast on in the near future.

But first, I have four pairs of socks, all knit with Patons Stretch Sock.  They are all plain vanilla socks, the high cuffed pair is a 2x2 rib that goes into a stockinette foot.  I used the leftovers from both pairs to make ankle socks.  The first ones are grape gumballs, Ravelry details here.



The next pairs are spearmint, details here.



And, unfortunately, school started up a couple of weeks ago.  I say unfortunately because it means the end of summer, and winter will soon be here.  I like the fall, but I don't like the cold and snow that follows it.  Here's the boys on the first day of school.  They were actually happy, contrary to the looks on their faces (fighting over who would get the front seat!).  The Oldest One started grade nine, he goes to high school now, and the Littlest One started grade six, he goes to middle school (junior high).  Both kids are in French immersion, and both started new schools this year, I have no more elementary school kids. :(  


Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love Patons stretch sock!

Hope the boys are enjoying school so far!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Socks look great! Can't believe how big the boys are getting!!!

7:09 PM  
Blogger elns said...

I love how you get two different pairs of socks out of your ball. They are lovely. My kid started middle school (6th) this year too. It seems so much ... older than elementary school. sigh.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home