Friday, September 25, 2015

AC/DC Concert

The highlight of the summer was probably taking the boys to see AC/DC on Labour Day weekend at Magnetic Hill, NB.  The boys have only ever been to two real concerts, one on July 1, 2011, that included several bands, but the highlight for us was The Trews. (One of my favorite bands, I've seen them six times including twice this past July when they played at my friend's bar.)  We also took them to The Trews acoustic concert at our local Astor Theatre a few years ago.



First opening act, Vintage Trouble.  They were really good, I enjoyed them.


Next act was Big Sugar.  I knew a couple of their songs, but to be honest I found them very boring.  They sounded good, but I found they didn't do anything to hype the crowd up at all, unlike the previous act. No crowd interaction.  (Don't hate me, Marti, I know they are one of your faves!)


These guys might be up in age, but they put on one helluva a show.  I have been to many concerts, mostly rock, and a couple of country.  I've seen the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Kiss, Bon Jovi, ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Reba McIntyre, Clint Black, Vince Gill, Travis Tritt, The Cult, April Wine, Alice Cooper (twice), Great White, Meatloaf, Joan Jett, Extreme, Sloan, etc... even Kanye West (he opened for the Stones, only reason, not really a fan, no offense to anyone).  And there were many more opening acts for some of these shows, a lot of them I can't even remember who they were, lol.  But this show, I can honestly say, was the BEST of all of them.  




Angus Young kick ass guitar solo that ended in a flurry of confetti.



I took several video clips, but they are too big to load to Blogger.  I got the opening, which was awesome, and the ending which was quite explosive.  They're on my Facebook for anyone who is on my list.

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger elns said...

So cool! You make me feel bad though, because my husband really wanted to take our son with another friend and his boy. The tickets couldn't happen though.

I'm glad you got a chance to go with your boys and have such an epic time!!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hehehehe...Big Sugar does better in smaller venues I think. They can really crank up the volume and bust your ear drums in a smaller room. True, totally one of my all time faves. And AC/DC completely ROCKED!! Best show I've ever seen.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're right, they are one of my faves!! I think they do better in smaller venues...they can really crank up the volume, bust some ear drums. AC/DC ROCKED!!!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home