Friday, May 08, 2015

Cuba 2015 Part Five

One night two of us wandered down to the beach to try and get some sunset pictures.  They turned out okay.  I like the first one here of the silhouetted fishing dude.




There were some lizards around the resort, but not a huge amount, at least not that I saw.  I did see this guy a few times, or maybe it wasn't the same one each time.  It was around the same area, and he looked about the same size, so it could have been the same one.



According to my oldest kid, the lizard was feeling threatened, he curled his tail up and started bobbing his head up and down, he said they try to make themselves look bigger.  I wasn't really very close to him, the pictures are all zoomed in.  He only did it for a few seconds then stopped.

 Fresh coconut!



Didn't drink too much of it, didn't want to upset the innards, but it was good.


I am a Diet Coke fan, they call it Coca Cola Light.  Had to buy this stuff, but it was cheaper than buying it here at home.  


My favorite tree on the whole resort, it was the only one I saw that looked like that.  And yes, that IS me and Hubs standing under it.  Had my picture taken a few times, but I don't like it.  Needed proof I was actually there!


Last day at the resort we took a horse and wagon ride back up to the little market.  Hubs wasn't there and already had his two hats.  He's a Flames fan, notice how they spelled Calgary, lol.


We didn't see many cats around the resort, just a few.  This little guy showed up around the pool, but he wouldn't get very close to anyone.  



More lounger views the last day...




The board said our plane was on time, but it wasn't, it was about an hour late.


Our plane.


First stamps in our passports!!!


The girls when we got home.  It was the first time I'd ever been away from them for more than two nights since I got them.  Jewel was so worked up when I got in the house she was hyperventilating.

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

You guys had a wonderful trip! Really enjoyed all your pics!

9:48 AM  
Blogger elns said...

The photos are great -- I like the light of the sunset. I've enjoyed touring Cuba with you and your family. I'm glad you made sure to get that photo of you two together under the tree. It's good to shore up those good memories!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home