Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sock Fever


I have been taken by Sock Fever. I can count on two hands the number of pairs of socks that I've knit. But the last few days (especially since joining the Sock-A-Month KAL) that's all I want to knit. Been surfing for fancy self striping yarns. Today at work Shelly and I made a list of some Regia we want to get in. I picked some mini ringel and a couple of other new ones. So here's what I've been working on tonight. I'm using some leftover Fortissima Socka from the baby sweater I made. So actually this is only the second time and my first actual time knitting socks with the self striping sock yarn. The baby sweater was my first experiment, and only the sleeves were knit with it, and the body was solid Kroy. I am using the Opal Kids sock pattern here but only using four needles instead of five (don't have a set of five to be honest). Some of the pattern is getting lost in the rib, but oh, well. Logan will like them. I also have this picked out for a project to do for the store. I haven't started it yet, but I may after I finish Logan's socks. It's a really cute little sweater. I'm not making the hat. The main color isn't quite the same as the picture. It's a little more purple although you can't tell in this picture.

We've started the ever-hateful inventory at the store. The worst part this year is going to be the yarn. Right now we have four or five boxes of yarn waiting to be put out, but Shelly wants to wait until we've counted what we already have. The boss wrote our sales program that we use for the cash registers, and he added a yarn inventory thing that we can put in different dye lots and quantities of the yarn. We were doing it the old way that the former owner had done forever - big binders with pages of the different yarns. The sheets were like a spreadsheet (kinda), and each one listed color, dye lots, and however many of each ball in stock. This will do away with the books. Also each ball of yarn sold had to be written down on a sheet with type, color number, dye lot, and quantity so we could mark it off in the books. If someone came in looking for a specific number of balls of a certain yarn, reference the books, and it should tell us what we have. Now all of this will be on the computer, but first it all has to be entered in. It's a slow process where I only work part-time. Shelly has started it, but there's still a ways to go. I don't even know where we are going to put the new yarn. Most of it is just to restock existing yarn, but some of it we haven't had in before. There's also at least one more order coming that was shipped out before Christmas, lost in the mail, and was resent to us. Plus there's the Regia order that we did today that will hopefully be ordered soon, and we are working on another order to top off a few of the other in-stock yarns.

I'll end this post with a couple of pictures. There's a picture of Darren at his skating lessons. He's the farthest kid over to the right, sorta by himself. Logan wanted to paint yesterday, so here he is being artistic. Lastly, he fell asleep the other day in Darren's room listening to the Roadhammers cd. I covered him over with the blanket.


















Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home