Friday, January 20, 2006

Socking Along

I finished one of Logan's socks yesterday. He decided that he had to wear it. The other one is almost finished. I'm probably about halfway through the foot. So far stripes are matching up. (Remember - this is only my second project with self-striping yarn, and the first time for socks with it.) I didn't do my toe like the pattern. I tried it, didn't like it. I did a regular toe. I decreased 10sts across the rib "top" of the foot. (40sts) I started the round in the middle of the bottom of the foot and did as follows:
First round, 1st needle: Knit to last 3 sts. K2tog, K1.
First round, 2nd needle: K1, S1, K1, PSSO, knit to last 3sts. K2tog, K1.
First round, 3rd needle: K1, S1, K1, PSSO, knit to end of round.
Second round: Knit.
I kept this up til I had 20sts left then grafted the toe. In retrospect I should have worked the toe down to 16 or 14sts. Next time. They do fit him, he likes them, and that's what counts.


The steri strips on his right eyebrow are slowing letting go. I cut a bit of it off last night after he fell asleep. He started squirming, and I didn't want to nick him, so I stopped. I think she super-glued it to his head! Been there almost two weeks, and it's still holding fast!

I've been debating on whether or not to enter Stephanie's Knitting Olympics. There's a couple of things I could choose. One is that three-colored baby sweater posted the other day. That would be a challenge for me - anything with more than one color and I'm Fumble Fingers. Don't know if I want to wait that long to start it, though. Also I have a cabled cardigan to knit for Logan. I'm adjusting the pattern to larger needles/thicker yarn, so that may work. I have a sweater to knit for Darren as well, but that's pretty plain. I've made one like it before, and it goes pretty fast. I have a summery cardigan to make for myself out of Patons Fresco (discontinued ribbon yarn), but it's no good for me to pick something like that. I'd just be setting myself up to fail. She wants us to pick something that is a personal challenge but not set is at an unattainable reach. With two small kids I'd need more than the span of the Olympic Winter Games to finish a sweater for myself! In reading Mossy Cottage today I see someone picked 16 hats for Dulaan in 16 days. That's a good one. (Check Mossy out, BTW. Picks of our knitted items being distributed in Mongolia by F.I.R.E!) Anyhoo, I haven't decided on a project or if I will actually be participating or not.

Look what I found in my clean basket of laundry today! Guess that's what I get for forgetting to put it away!


January socks should be completed tomorrow night. Then I may work on a couple of pairs of unfinished socks or a baby sweater. Gotta start some Dulaan stuff, too.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home