Friday, July 20, 2007

Is It Friday the 13th Again?

I've pretty much decided that life pretty much doesn't like us. Phone rings this morning at like 6:45. I kinda heard it, missed it, caller id said it was hubby. I knew something must be wrong. Truck died on the side of the road outside of Halifax. Called the Cat engine place that rebuilt the motor -- computer didn't show any error codes, so it would have to be towed to the shop, it's mechanical. Long story short, one of the fuel injector tips broke off, and it bounced off a piston a few times, denting the top of the piston, and then flew off through the turbo, tearing the fins out. Of course, none of it's warranty work. When the other people had the engine rebuilt they didn't do the injector tips, so they weren't covered. So this will put us in the five-digit range for repairs on the danged thing in the last month, including the all new tires she's getting tomorrow. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother. (He called a few minutes ago -- almost $4 thou, would have been more than double if there'd been piston damage.) Oh, yeah. And my keyboard kicked the bucket. It was fine this morning, went to work, no one was home, after work, it didn't work. Had to run to the store and buy another one. Of course the cheapy ones were all gone, so I had to get one that was like $10 more than I wanted to pay. Guess if I want to post I have to pay the price.

We were supposed to be leaving for Alberta on Tuesday. The load got pushed back a week. Hopefully it won't get pushed back again, it will cut too close to the start of school. I've already started a list of simple knitting to take with me. I'll probably forget half of the necessities, but at least I'll have lots to knit. I thought that I was going to end up mailing my Sockapalooza socks on Monday if I could get them finished. Or take them with me and mail them from Alberta. Or send her an e-mail and tell her I'll mail them when I get back. Decisions, decisions. Now I have some more time, so I hope to have them finished and maybe just send them a bit early. I also have two small felted bags to make for my friend's two little girls, but they should be quick knits. They have to be finished before I go!

Speaking of felted bags, I finished this one, made with Noro Kureyon (can't remember the color #) for my friend that I'm going to see in Alberta. I love it, almost wish I'd had picked this color for mine. (I re-felted mine, btw. It stretched out quite a bit, especially the handle, so now it's smaller and thicker feeling. I like it a lot better.)


I also knocked off some dishcloths. They are made with Bernat Handicrafter in Hot Purple, Playtime, and the pastel one might be Pretty Pastels (lost the band, had it awhile). I picked up a skein in red and a bright blue, too, cuz I found this pattern to make for the boys. I also got another hot purple, bright pink, and a sage green today. I don't make dishcloths a lot, but when I do I make several, kinda like Dave. (They're quick and easy, and you can't just make one! Like trying to take one bite of a chocolate bar or one potato chip.)


Does this look comfortable? Of all the comfy places he can lay he choses to lay in a box of dinky cars.

Happy knitting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Your cat is a hoot...My big cat, well she has taken to sleeping on the coffee table in our living room after we go to bed....Love the SWS yarn and your bag looks great...I have one done and Sun I will felt it.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

That bag looks great -- I love those colours. The cat in the cars : LOL!!

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, this is just not fair! I was shuddering when I read about the truck thing - we're having a similar thing with our car going on these days - weeks - months... with loads of bills for fixing it, but then again, a car is certainly way cheaper to fix than a truck ;( Fingers crossed that it'll be fixed soon and that the bill won't be as much as expected ;(
Beautiful bag btw - and your cat rocks big time!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Booga bag! I'm in a bit of a washcloth resurge too - just finished the July monthly dishcloth.
Hope you make it out on Tuesday!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Heddy said...

The Noro bag turned out cute ... I love the colours (I think S. will really like it!) How are the other 2 bags for the girls coming along? Post 'em when you get 'em done, please!

Sorry to hear about your truck troubles ... you have worse luck than me (well, more expensive bad luck than me!) I hope it is a cheaper repair thna you think and that you get to go soon!

That cat of your is crazy ... how uncomfortable! But if it is anything like mine ... it likes to sleep in the spot most wanted by the other people/animals in the house (and the kids would definately want to be at those trucks and cars! lol! so it makes perfect cat-logic to want to nap there!)

10:03 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Hope the darned truck gets fixed and you get to go on your trip!
The booga bag looks really great!

Your cat must have a very thick coat to lay in that box of care and be comfy!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home