Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Long Time, No Post

I've been getting a little bit of knitting done, just enough to have one Austerman vanilla 2x2 ribbed sock finished. It's sized to fit a men's medium. I haven't cast on for the second one yet. That will be tomorrow. Now that things should be getting back to normal then regular knitting and actual knitting-content posts can resume!

I really need to start the baby blanket for the nephew, too. November will be here before we know it, and he may decide he wants to come early! (You never know...) Plus I need to start more Christmas knitting. Plus there's a ton of socks I want to start. Plus the shawl... So many projects. I need to learn to knit faster!

My best bud went home today. I found her a great price on a flight (she's on the plane as I type.) Direct flight from Halifax to Calgary for $247 taxes included. One of her brothers left yesterday, and the other one who lives out there, too, changed his flight to Sunday. (I did go get her Sunday morning, plane on time at 6:30am. We were in the airport and out in fifteen minutes. We stopped and had breakfast on the way home.) They're all doing as well as can be expected. The service was Monday afternoon. There were so many people, they were standing down the sides of the church, in the entry way, right out the front doors down the steps. One of the brothers had his laptop set up projecting a slide show of pictures during almost all of the service. I'd seen the slide show at the house the day before, and I didn't know they were doing this. It was beautiful but hard to watch at the same time. One of the sisters said the eulogy, and she did really well. Her daughter said a poem after that, and she did a great job, too. The minister said some things that I found quite interesting. One thing she said that really struck me for some reason was not to blame God for what happened because His heart was the first one to break. She got quite emotional at the end.

Anyhoo, here's a picture of my BF (third from the right, jeans and grey t-shirt) and her family minus three boys who weren't home when the pictures were taken. The guy in the white t-shirt beside her is her biological brother. Since these pictures are plastered all over Facebook I'll post one here, too.

Off to get ready for bed. I feel a cold coming on. I woke up this morning with a slight sore throat, and it's been lingering all day.

Happy knitting!

PS -- I got a comment from The Harlot on my last post! Woo, hoo! Happy, happy, joy, joy! (I don't get out much. Sad but true.)


Anonymous pat said...

I hope you kick that cold early - enjoy some bedrest!
Very cool that you got a comment from the Harlot!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Vitamin C++++++!
Glad things went well for the funeral service. It must have been a difficult time for everyone!
The d--n MS3 stole is close to being finished!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Very nice sock and I just love that yarn ! I'm sure the funeral was heart-wrenching and difficult for everyone . Glad that you could be there for your friend . I'm sure she appreciated it.

Hope you can kick that cold !

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Dipsy said...

I'm sorry to hear you're battling a cold these days - hope you'll feel better soon!

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home