Monday, October 01, 2007

Official End of Summer

This past weekend was the last weekend for camping for the season. Summer is officially over. Everything is packed up, and a couple of friends winterized the camper for me. All over til the long weekend in May. I took knitting with me, but I didn't finish anything while I was there. It was mostly a working weekend, especially since hubby is still away. I did get most of a new bag knit. I still have to do the handle and then felt it, and I started these socks for me. It's a modified ribby-type pattern. If it works I'll post the pattern. I did get another brown stripe done on these after I took the picture. (It's Austerman Step.)

This child falls asleep in the weirdest positions. This was Saturday night at the campground. (I did put him in his bed. Didn't want him rolling off and hurting himself.)

And just a little while ago I was at the computer and heard heavy breathing.
I tried to lift the basket off a bit and take his picture, but he woke up. All he did was snarl about leaving him alone and hauled the basket back over himself. He didn't stay asleep, though.

Any local knitters check out this post over at Heddy's. Hope I can arrange someone to watch the hoodlums. Also, the Yarn of the Month at the store is now Patons Classic Wool. You'll get 10% off any purchase of in-stock Patons Classic Wool, and if you're a Preferred Client Card Holder you'll get 15%. (There is an order coming in late this week of next week, and there's some new colors of CW coming, including three shades or so of the new tweeds.)
Happy knitting!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little one is just a scream!!! I always thought cats are sleeping in the most weird positions, but now I'm convinced it's kids ;)

2:29 AM  
Blogger aija said...

He is so cute!! Mine fights sleep like a madman...

7:25 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Your kids are so cute -- that laundry basket is hilarious!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

If summer is just getting over, you missed the best autumn we have had in years!
I look forward to checking out your new Patons CW.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sleeping pictures!! Esp. the laundry basket!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Oh that is so cute...under the basket!!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger A Crafty Mom said...

Wow - asleep under the basket, that's the first I've seen that one I think :-) Glad you got a nice weekend of camping in before the real fall hits. I heard your weather has been good, ours has been really warm and nice.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

Hahaha! Ok, we have that very SAME green laundry basket, and our boys do that too. Hahahah. They also try to trap the cats under it (poor kitties).
Love the socks too!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

I love the color of those socks. The pinks and browns go so well together. And the laundry basket it the cutest thing! My oldest always went to sleep in the weirdest positions, but nothing like that.

Has it started cooling off there, yet? It's been unseasonable warm here, like in the high 80's. Where is my fall weather?

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home