Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Deja Vu

Made another pair of felted slippers. It's like deja vu, I made a black and grey pair once before. These were started February 7, finished February 10, Patons Classic Wool in black and grey mix. I always leave the lid of the washer open when felting stuff so it won't go through the rinse and spin cycle if I wander off. I set the washer back to agitate some more cuz I wanted them felted more. Of course, second time around I wandered off also and forgot about them, so they shrunk more that I wanted. I made these for a friend who has small, narrow feet for a guy. These are ladies large. He wears a mens 8, and can wear a mens 7, and they're still a bit long for me. I have wide feet, too, so they fit wasn't too bad. They always stretch out once you were them a couple of days, so I'm hoping they'll work. If not, I guess I have to make another pair.



Had some sewing to do the other day, and Simba thought he should supervise the operation. I still have more to do, but I'm no good at it, so I don't like doing it, so the machine still sits on the kitchen table with a pile of sewing beside it. I can always find a good excuse to put it off, but the kids really do need their pants hemmed.

"Get to work, you slacker! Feed me first."

Still working on secret knitting that I can't show. Next week I'll be able to show it. It's my weekend to work, so if any local knitters want to visit me, I'll be there. I may even be able to provide a special Valentine's Day discount for Ball N Skein purchases. (Not like trying to twist your arms into buying more yarn, eh?)

Little Maggie looked so comfy the other night on the sofa. Both of them like to have a pillow to put their head on, or the arm of the sofa (it's all cushioned), or a blanket...



Final touch was a blankie. She stayed like that for quite awhile.


Happy knitting!

PS Our order of newly relaunched Patons Decor arrived. There are some nice, new colors, and the yarn quality has improved. Same prices as before.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

How comfy is that dog on the sofa and covered with her own blankie?!
Too cute.
Can't wait to see all the secret stuff next week!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I just love those felted clogs.....one day I am gonna do a pair!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home