Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Snow

Well, that was silly. Our county and the one next door were the only two counties in the entire province, I think, that didn't cancel school today. We have a NorEaster coming through today that started at 8am and is to dump upwards of 30cm on us. Now it's snowing hard, everything is white, and they're sending the kids home at 11:30. Silly school board.

Anyways, I finally finished the socks from you-know-where. I don't like how they pooled at all. The first sock completed is the one on the top. It looks bigger than the other one cuz I tried it on a few times. The second one doesn't bother me as bad as the first one. Anyways, they are for Pa, and he won't care. I used the same colorway as the socks in the picture in the pattern book, but they don't look anything like them. I started them on December 29/08 and finished them January 31/09. I used Bernat Sox in desert storm, and the pattern is Slip Stitch Socks from Socks to Live In.

I guess this will be a knitting day. Sit and watch the snow fly. I'm off tomorrow, so I guess I'll be shovelling for awhile.
Happy knitting!

8 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

The socks look great even with the pooling. Your father won't mind one bit. Nice new warm socks!

As for the snow, I am afraid I must say " Boo Hiss ".

12:10 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

I like the slip stitch pattern, but I understand and feel the same way about pooling. We were to get about 5cm today, but it's sunny now, just some flurries. I guess I'll go shopping today. :o)

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the same problem last week, where they made the kids go to school, knowing that the roads would be worse for the wear in the afternoon. Gotta love those school boards.

I like the socks, the colors are nice, even with the pooling.

Stay warm up ther!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once the snow missed us here in north central Massachusetts! We were originally told a Nor'Easter 6-12 inches of snow. Now we have 1-3.......No snow days for us today or tomorrow and I am happy about that.

I am still working on the sweater. Now I think the neck is too tight so I may have to frog the neck.

Happy Knitting while the snow falls!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Gotta tell you, it was nice this morning for us to hear that our schools were closed ... and yours were open :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger evergreenknits said...

I love the idea of a snowy knitting day! It's already 80 degrees in Phoenix -- not very good knitting weather

6:22 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

A knitting day sounds good to me! :o)

9:17 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Guess it's a good thing you're off today ... cause our kids are off too. Mine are thrilled!

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home