Monday, May 11, 2009

Boheme and Little Sister

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day yesterday. My boys made me cards, and the Littlest One made this in school. He also made a book about why he loves his Mom. I'll be sure to put that away. The Oldest One had a card with flowers on it, and the three flower stems were coupons. I can use them whenever I want. One is for him to do the dishes, another for him to make me breakfast, and the other one is for him to make my bed. We'll see how hard of a time I have when it comes to cashing them in.

I finished another size 3 months Little Sister's Dress. This one is out of Bernat Jr Jacquards in pink-o-rama. Started May 8, finished May 10. Ravelry details here. This pattern flies by, it's so easy, I love it, I can see knitting this again. I think definitely that any baby girls that pop up in my life will be getting one of these. (Thought I made this one size 6 months, like the other one. Just took a look at the pattern, and I made this one the 3 month size. I wondered why I had quite a bit of yarn left with this one and not the yellow one. Duh.)

I also finished a Boheme in James C Brett Marble in denims, size 6 months. Started May 3 finished May 8. Ravelry details here. Should've made it a bit shorter. Oh, well. Too late now.

I started a lace scarf tonight for a friend. (Ravelry details here.) She has no idea I'm making it, so it'll be a nice surprise. I also started a plain little ribbed baby hat out of the leftovers from the Little Sister's Dress. That's a good on-the-go thing. I've messed up the lace scarf a couple of times, and I've only done four repeats so far.

Happy knitting!

7 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love the little sister's dress pattern... and it looks so nice in that yarn

10:29 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

The little sister dress is just sweet! I may have to make one of those!
Good luck with the lace!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Frieda said...

I love both of the little sweaters. They're just so sweet .

As for the lace , you'll get the hang of it in no time .

8:18 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Wow, that's a lot of knitting! Love those baby girl knits! :"o)

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Little Sister's dress is too cute! If anyone I knew was having a girl, I'd make a couple in a heart beat.

Good luck with the lace! Glad you had a good Mother's Day!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous pat said...

That little dress is SO adorable!!
Have you used your coupons yet - I'm just reminding you since I always forget to cash mine in :-)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

I kind of hate you right now (but in a nice way). I saw the super cute little sister's dress, and figured it would be awesome for the baby shower I'm going to on May 30th. You know, since it only took you 2 days to knit it, I would be totally fine. Ha. Surprisingly, knitting something with a 5 month old and in the first trimester with twins... I'm not as speedy as you are.

But the dress is crazy cute - thanks for posting it!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home